This new mirror law thing

if you ask at test station they should have one
i had to do this 2 months ago at newbury

merc0447:
it doesn’t affect drivers side as i don’t have a blind spot on mines, it affects the angle(curve of the glass) of a blindspot mirror on near side and kerb , don’t know exact figures something like it has to show a minimum of 450 degrees something like that. all operators get sent a letter telling them they have to get mirrors checked ,when mirrors get checked at dealer they then provide a pass certificate which is shown at your next mot - you wont be able to take a vehicle for a mot without a pass certificate.

if your mirror needs replaced on the nearside, you can use the old one on your drivers side :sunglasses:

that’s what my mechanic told me as my boss doesn’t have a clue so i now get all info from fitter :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Hmmm…

something went wrong somewhere :blush: :blush: :blush:

i have taken 2 2003 registered trucks for MoT this year with the old type mirrors on, no extra mirrors anywhere and they both passed :open_mouth: and this was at 2 different testing stations

and where do i get this “pass certificate” from?

not got one, never been asked for one either :unamused:

apparentley its a self declaration form that you fill in the first time you take it for test after the new regs came in last march to say that its now got the ‘approved’ mirror lense’s on,ill do the same in the morning.If they dont ask i wont bother following it up.

We had some fitted by MAN that go on the inside on the n/s a post, they have a better view than the external ones, they dont get dirty and we can still run them through the brush wash.

ive gotta say the mirror on the front is one of the best ideas ever how many times have you had to stand up n lean over steering wheel in a town centre cos your not sure if theres people crossing front of your truck. guy who thought of it wants a medal in my humble opinion

shuttlespanker:
Hmmm…

something went wrong somewhere :blush: :blush: :blush:

i have taken 2 2003 registered trucks for MoT this year with the old type mirrors on, no extra mirrors anywhere and they both passed :open_mouth: and this was at 2 different testing stations

and where do i get this “pass certificate” from?

not got one, never been asked for one either :unamused:

You should have been asked for one at the test centre :wink:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … oming.html

the forms are downloadable from

HERE

but I wouldn’t recommend filling one out unless the mirrors actually comply with the directive - being unaware of it is better than creating a false/fraudulent document imho

But, shouldn’t VOSA be checking that as part of the MoT if you have to provide the document to say it meets the new legislation?

The mirrors on the front that angle down are awesome for looking down the tops of women walking in front of the truck…so I’ve been told

Thanks for the link Denis,i took it the following morning,the first thing the examiner asked for was the self declaration form.I said i couldnt find one on the vosa website so he gave me one,i filled it in then he said i should keep it and made a note on the mot form. He then asked if ive had the lenses replaced? I told him i had,he nodded then walked off,he never checked though