This may seem a stupid Q but

Seen as i am going back to doing Nights out, :open_mouth: and because of the nature of the job i will be forced to use the MSAs, especially Scratchwood.
Do they have a seperate washroom for driver’s, and shall i get something to eat somewhere else first and just use meal vouchers when i have enough saved up. Would like to park somewhere else but seen as i have to swap the bodies over the services would be the best bet.

Luckily i have manged nearly 20 year’s without having to use them, not looking forward to it, and looking at the other post’s about salesmen/women on them i could have some fun winding them up :wink:

MSA food vouchers are usually enough to get you a meal on their own.
You may have to add a quid or 2 to get what you want, but it’s probably better than many alternatives.

Most have no seperate washrooms, but most have a shower which is seperate from the loos.

And do be nice to drivers already asleep, doing your swaps is probably as noisy as a trailer swap. Try and do it away from people with their curtains closed.

That’s no problem Alli it will have allready been swapped before a lot finish, and seen as i now work on fridges the first thing i do is switch it off when i stop. There is nothing worse than being woke up in the middle of the night while two muppet’s swap over and continue to have a chat at full volume normally because they have left there engines running :angry:

And thank’s for replies

It really is twenty years since you used em. Scrathwood is now called London Gateway.

No Mr shep i have never used them :smiley: but this time i will not have a choice :frowning:

MSA’s are a total rip off, find a truck stop or a good pub.

That is why i never use them, but in this new job i will have to sometimes :cry:

I must admit I use them a fair bit, as I eat for free off the parking ticket, which gets paid back in full. They could do with some better wash facilities though, thats for sure.

Mal

J.9. truckstop, Watling street be the nearest, wouldn’t it? Or Luton truckstop.

try the bp at south mimms
but get there early its full of foreigners. :blush:

dafman

the lorry park ain’t all that big that bloody coach company has most of the room(although never seen one in there).
as for food the only thing i bother with is kfc or burger king because the muck they serve isn’t worth the £6/8 you pay for it.

the other problem is where in london do you get food from without picking up a ticket.

jon

Central London just north of Tower Bridge (might be London Bridge :question: ), there’s an excellent cafe there run by a woman. Loads of drivers stop there. You park just across the road in a small private car park owned by a Pakistani. You can get about 10 artics in there but it’ll cost you a fiver in the morning for parking there. However, if you get up early enough to avoid the traffic you miss him altogether and he doesn’t even know you’ve stayed there (no padlock on the gates). Stopped there many a time, however not this year so far as I’m on containers now. This area might now be under the congestion charge zone too :question: :unamused: