This is where i had to reverse today to

IMAG0138.jpg

first reversing into the delivery area from a high street for me. 13.6m trailer

and no, i could not make it in one go, even in two.

First attempt was a complete fail as i have not moved the unit far enough. I think i have read somewhere that newbies normally start reversing too early. I was exactly the case today.

Second attempt went a bit better. Moved the vehicle further forward the high street but failed to straighten it in time so took a shunt. Had to take another shunt when the unit was between the walls as my offside mirrors were getting too close to the wall.

Three shunts (actually i thought i had to take four but can’t remember now), sweating, not like hell though but enough for everyone to see it. And a bunch of probably very annoyed motorists waiting for me to complete the reverse.

Doesn’t matter how many attempts it took fella you got it in that’s what counts,and for the waiting motorists…■■ em they will have to wait.

Fair play to you mate. I’ve not done this sort of work as yet, farms, RDCS, building sites etc but not store work. But I’d say you did a very good job, you got it where it needed to be without having to swap insurance details. Now that’s how you define a successful day in this job if you ask me.

Keep up the good work

Priest:
And a bunch of probably very annoyed motorists waiting for me to complete the reverse.

Annoyed, maybe, but not one of them could have done it themselves.

Got it in, no damage. Job’s a good 'un. :sunglasses:

I wouldn’t worry how many shunts it takes, just take your time & concentrate on the reverse, everyone else will have to wait.

Don’t be down on yourself, you got it in, damage free… Give yourself a pat on the back!

As everyone above has stated. Well done.

Not the easiest, but not the hardest.

Another thumbs up here. Any reverse without damage is a good reverse, and better than the vast majority of motorists could manage. If you think you must get a hole-in-one on a tricky little manoeuvre like that then you’re setting your targets too high and expecting too much of yourself. Ease off a bit, cut yourself some slack and just be chuffed that you managed it at all. Good job. :slight_smile:

Sod what anyone else thinks and sod how many shunts it took. If it takes you one or a hundred shunts for you to get it in without damaging anything then it’s a good reverse!

‘nice one’! :grimacing:

‘did you’ get loads of impatient ‘buggers’ congregating around you while you were reversing in there?

hat off to you, you’ve done well :slight_smile:

No shame in that. Well done!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one chief

Re: Keeping very annoyed motorists waiting ■■■■ em !

I’d have got out a checked at least 3 times,just to annoy them even more :wink:

cheers, lovely people :sunglasses:

i had a very similar one in a rigid today. first ever day out so i can sympathise with the sweating piece! had to reverse back down a lane and then turn into the loading area at the back of the store with parked cars galore. i think the gutter on the building was having a good sniff at the side of my truck! and it was just as much fun coming back out because the corner needed shunts to get round.

Ramon123:
Nice one chief

Re: Keeping very annoyed motorists waiting [zb] em !

I’d have got out a checked at least 3 times,just to annoy them even more :wink:

Only 3 times? Lol and well done for a first time and watch out for people that think a reversing bleeper means walk behind me as I start to move,count how many walk behind you then count them appearing in the other mirror if not get out and look,u can’t see them texting behind the trailer till it ends all messy.

That looks like Waltham Cross… Is it?

dsbu:
That looks like Waltham Cross… Is it?

it is indeed

That only took you three attempts ■■■■ me! that’s good I couldn’t do that in three if I tried yes give me a rigid ile do it in one not a problem but artic ■■■■ no! I need some practice and need to jump on the big boys toys

WOW that’s impressive reversing - especially for a first go!!! Well done you :smiley:

I’m a new driver myself and I would have firstly messed my pants thinking about it then took out the building to the left and then the building to the right! :laughing: