This is a eye opener

theguardian.com/politics/20 … ndwich-ban

So wtf are they supposed to eat, or is it just meant to force them to buy once over there. If so, what guarantee is there that their meat and dairy products aren’t tainted?

This is an absolute Red Herring to distract people from questioning the total mess that the channel ports are in.

“The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs advised transport representatives of the ban this week and gave the specific example in its updated guidance of an ordinary sandwich,” says the article.

DEFRA have a serious amount of work to do and briefing UK truck drivers that Belgian customs officers will be nicking them for a M&S sambo certainly isn’t part of it at this point.

Let the European authorities worry about that if they could care less.

To be resorting to this kind of BS must mean DEFRA are expecting a disaster when they really need to be getting their finger out of their ■■■.

peterm:
So wtf are they supposed to eat, or is it just meant to force them to buy once over there. If so, what guarantee is there that their meat and dairy products aren’t tainted?

Don’t you live in Australia?
Strict rules there about importing meat, veg, wood, etc I thought?
Since we’re parting the EU in order to have different rules to the EU, then this is inevitable.
Same as Aus only allows stuff that confirms to their standards and we only allow stuff that confirms to our standards so too the EU.
If we stick to EU rules they would allow free movements of foods, if not foods will need certificates.
Ed
irishtimes.com/news/world/e … -1.3849639
From April 2019

Franglais:

peterm:

Since we’re parting the EU in order to have different rules to the EU, then this is inevitable.
Same as Aus only allows stuff that confirms to their standards and we only allow stuff that confirms to our standards so too the EU.
If we stick to EU rules they would allow free movements of foods, if not foods will need certificates.
Ed
From April 2019

Great so Irish beef is illegal to sell in all McDonalds in UK.
The CTA is toast.
German and French cars no longer conform to UK standards.
French wine/spirits and dairy produce also illegal to sell here.
No surprise the biased news report seems to be one sided in that regard obviously pushing the idea that the EUSSR is the only side that holds a stick.
Taking advantage of the gutless Europhile Tories as ever.
Desperate thieving zb Commy muppets.Zb off and do one.

peterm:

The real question is what’s changed since prior to 1973.
No problem with movement of food from UK to Europe then.
Unlike New York to California then or now.
Brit food standards not good enough who are the Irish and Frog EUSSR Commy muppets trying to fool.
They and more importantly their handlers in Beijing don’t like Brexit and this is one of their pathetic tactics hoping to reverse it.

Franglais:

peterm:

Ed
From April 2019

No, maybe fact check yourself, with borders closed , even prior travelling to WA fruits can’t be taken over and quarantine is checked due to a particular insect not within WA … all states have different laws and rules over here, can’t compare the EU and Australia.

Ah, the sunlit uplands of a no-deal Brexit.

This is from the Guardian, a rag that is very strongly pro-remain and has spent the last 5 years posting nothing but ■■■■■■■■ most of which has failed to come to pass.

Conor:
This is from the Guardian, a rag that is very strongly pro-remain and has spent the last 5 years posting nothing but [zb] most of which has failed to come to pass.

It is reported in the Guardian.
It is from DEFRA.
Some other “rags” may choose not to report it.

discoman:

Franglais:

peterm:

Ed
From April 2019

No, maybe fact check yourself, with borders closed , even prior travelling to WA fruits can’t be taken over and quarantine is checked due to a particular insect not within WA … all states have different laws and rules over here, can’t compare the EU and Australia.

So when I queried import rules, what facts did I get wrong?
Where are the flaws in comparing Aus and EU import laws?

Conor:
This is from the Guardian, a rag that is very strongly pro-remain and has spent the last 5 years posting nothing but [zb] most of which has failed to come to pass.

if its in the guardian or on the bbc…it must be true

Sent from my HP Chromebook 11 G5 using Tapatalk

It was also in the Express - and you can’t get a more pro brexit jingoist rag.
Anyway Brexit is stupid…

Franglais:

discoman:

Franglais:

peterm:

Ed
From April 2019

So when I queried import rules, what facts did I get wrong?
Where are the flaws in comparing Aus and EU import laws?

You can’t compare the EU, to Australia, because it’s a completely different system… as said WA on the west coast have different Import rules to us on the west coast, where as the import rules are equal on mainland Europe.