This industries image

now the public image of this industry aint great and ive gotta be honest since i stopped driving the rose tinted glass,s are off and after seeing the state some truckdrivers behave its no wonder were not liked.in burton the other day me and the family are coming round the island near wicks when an excel man tga pulls out right in front of us the mrs braked the zb that was driving the excel motor then told us to (zb) off and gave us the v,s now he wernt to clever cuz he was dragging a carlsberg trailer so i wonder where he was from :angry: second incident today a38 fradley wilkinson stores artic we overtaking just as were leval with his back doors he indicates so i back off flash him to come out after he,d pulled back in as we went past no thankyou wave or nothing he didnt even flash us back in.now i could fill pages with things ive seen.but this is the best bit its always well known big fleets drivers that are the worst.thanks to a few bad drivers this industry is going down the pan.i know there are many excellant drivers out there but the public only see the bad.

just a small edit :wink: mm

They only have to come on here and read the posts from some people who condone law breaking and ignorance on the road .

There are some right ignorant lorry drivers out there, but like Jammy say’s look on here

I’d like to think there are more good than bad.

But I can’t envisage someone holding court in the pub with nice lorry driver stories!

So Carl, did you encounter any good hgv driving on your trip — or can you too only remember the bad?

There are a lot of Very good drivers but there seem to be more bad ones lately.

Remember it only takes one to get the rest of us tagged with a bad name, I would say good drivers are in the majority, we should get the BBC to monitor it then do a programme saying all lorry drivers are bad mannered and act like idiots when they are out there.
IMHO, I think part of the problem could be is the way that Drivers now come into the industry, I man to say they go and do the lessons have the test and come into the job without any explaining of the etiquette that surrounds our industry like ‘This is a queue and thats the back of it’, I had one baby driver the other week just driving past three of us to the front of MY queue, needless to say he quickly found reverse after being told in a very nice plight way to get to the Frigging back. :wink:

Carl:
second incident today a38 fradley wilkinson stores artic we overtaking just as were leval with his back doors he indicates so i back off flash him to come out after he,d pulled back in as we went past no thankyou wave or nothing he didnt even flash us back in…

How many of us do this ?

I tend to and it is often obviously appreciated and will probably encourage him/her to continue the practise… so come on, all it takes is a “thank you”

I wonder if this thread will be like the titanic !!!
Forever sinking and the violin’s keep playing .
Carl , given the description of the trailer it wouldn’t be a burton brewery trailer as we have no carlsberg logo’s .Carlsberg is run by A N OTHER company .
Probably a grolsch one .(similar)
Also worth remembering that on that roundabout ( that is mayhem at peak time ) when a brewery fully laden vehicle pulls away it is on a slight uphill and you have to use the lowest gear you have and then do 5 more change’s to get to 20-30mph , so maybe they never intended to pull out in front of you but ended up doing so due to the weight ! the uphill ! and going through the box from scratch !
I know these thing’s …
If he did pull out in front of you blatantly then why not stop moaning about it on here and contact coor’s . If it was a coor’s exel contracted vehicle then you can be rest assured that coor’s WILL take action against the driver . And rightly so !

EDIT :
To add if it was a coor’s exel man tga then they are auto and are ■■■■ poor at pulling weight .So maybe the driver was pushing the go pedal and the truck wouldn’t move and then decided to change gear right down and then move .
I also know that, which is why i stick to the globetrotter’s we have and spit on the man auto crap :confused:

Well he wouldnt have been able to change gear to quick anyway to busy telling people to f off and waving at them

I had some bad Times with Vehicle flashing me when i indicated,as in some Countries Europs flashing means:“Now i am here!”
In that Case lift i the Cruiscontrol and slow down if the Vehicle on secound Line is too close and y Mirror too tirty

paul i know that island can be a problem fully loaded as ive dragged many a fully loaded beer trailer for jeffreys across it .that wasnt the main problem his mouth and hand gestures were if he,d said sorry or put his hand up as to say sorry id wouldnt of had a problem but the zb obviously had no manners .and yes it was a blue tga.i never phoned coors as i dont do that type of thing ,the reason i put it on here was to show our image is slipping and not to have a moan.yes fred i know in some countries a flash means im here or im coming through but were not in other countries and it was a wilkinson stores artic and to my knowledge they dont go abroad and a flash in this country means your clear to come in

hi im new at these computers so if im not tyiping well forgive me PLEASE so yes carl i agree it is only nice and polite for people in general not only truckers but all races of every jo blogs to say thanks and flsh back. becouse iv done a littl bit of the driving quite a bit ago with my ex and as a pasenger with my husband and not every body is polite but if the shoe was on the other foot and u did it to them then they would probobly be wrighting on her insted but some wemen are very agresive not noking all wemem as i am one my self [/b]

tintin1960:
wemem as i am one my self [/b]

A Wemem? welcome to the planet of lorry driver,s please tell us a bit more about wemem,s.

told u i was new at this put m on the end insted of n spelling not to good neither

I couldn’t believe what I saw today!!

Travelling northbound on the A1 and on approaching the distance markers before a roundabout there I was reducing my speed to a reasonable 35mph when a Stiller wagon pulling a flatbed (NX04AXV) came thundering past (approx 50mph) with very late braking and a bouncing trailer due to lock up wheels. Its no wonder people think lorry drivers are dangerous. Its a real shame!!!

Also I lost count of how many drivers I saw on mobile phones or reading a map.

GMANSCAN

You will ALWAYS see idiots like that every day in the transport industry the sad thing is that if you come on her and moan about it someone will say you are wrong and theres nothing wrong with what the guy did.

jammymutt:
You will ALWAYS see idiots like that every day in the transport industry the sad thing is that if you come on her and moan about it someone will say you are wrong and theres nothing wrong with what the guy did.

Agreed!

Hiya Carl

You do see a lot different from the car seat bud, i know that! I dont think ignorant drivers are a new thing, I certainly can remember them from day 1. But, in my opinion, there is a lot more aggressive and ignorant drivers of late may well be being created by a few things that have increased over the years. Theres a lot more traffic for instance, and theres also a lot more pressure from firms to make the deadlines tight.

Now I hope you dont get me wrong, I aint excusing this driver and other ■■■■■■■■■ as we ALL have to deal with it, but do so reasonable. as a bloke with your experience knows full well. But things have got worse I reckon over the last 25 years. Drivers that might have been better with less pressure, are turning ignorant, pity they dont tell the gaffer they’ll be there when they’ll be there, racing about for the firm is a fools errand and ruins the job, the road, safety of others and many a blokes manners too!

M6 north tonight near Sandbach i saw one of the most stupid movements by a lorry driver i have ever seen, firstly he cuts in in front of me too early and nearly takes off the front of my cab then he gets up the inside lane and pulls back out to get past someone in the middle lane, Who btw was in a position to overtake shortly absolute madness.

I got the guys number and the company he works for but i started thinking recently whats the point?, I might as well just keep plodding on and let these ■■■■■■■■■ keep giving me a bad name even though i wouldnt drive as stupidly.

If i had phone dhis boss and wrote it on here sure as damnit someone would have said thats so so wrong grassing on one of your own.

Your whineing again !!!

:laughing: :wink: