This forum being so slow

Is it me or is it getting even slower?..to the point where its almost unusable with the amount of timeouts I’m getting!

Mine is slow as well, it’s probably all the kids getting home from school and hitting the computers.

waddy640:
Mine is slow as well, it’s probably all the kids getting home from school and hitting the computers.

Nah…this forum is slow at all hours now! It never used to have problems, just in the last few weeks its been a bit slow, but now its getting to the point where its almost unusable…I keep on getting timeout messages because its taking so long on some occasions.

Check this out.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=67181

Yeah it’s well slow. I thought it was my phone at first but it’s definatly slow. It’s taken me 15 mins to write this. :imp:

Slow as a week in jail and its doing my ■■■■ in :imp:

We are having problems, We will be moving soon to a new server farm as this one cannot cope evidently… what has compounded it today is we have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes which means we have had to keep purging the forum cache, this will have also added to the page load times, but hopefully the result of the work will mean the pages have far less elements to load and help increase the page load times.

it is going to take a few days to complete the snagging and debugging of the new templates and as soon as we can after that we will move the forums onto a better server.

In the meantime I can only apologise and assure its as frustrating for us try to work on the forums with such slow loading pace

fingermissing:
Check this out.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=67181

I did read that thread…but the problem is so much worse now. Last week it was just a bit slow and annoying…but yesterday and today its taking so long that around 50% of my viewing attempts are timed out…my post is discussing the fact its much much worse than slow now.

Rikki-UK:
We are having problems, We will be moving soon to a new server farm as this one cannot cope evidently… what has compounded it today is we have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes which means we have had to keep purging the forum cache, this will have also added to the page load times, but hopefully the result of the work will mean the pages have far less elements to load and help increase the page load times.

it is going to take a few days to complete the snagging and debugging of the new templates and as soon as we can after that we will move the forums onto a better server.

In the meantime I can only apologise and assure its as frustrating for us try to work on the forums with such slow loading pace

Nice to hear.

So by the end of the next week it’ll all be fixed and hooked up to the new server(s) then, yes?

Rob K:
Nice to hear.

So by the end of the next week it’ll all be fixed and hooked up to the new server(s) then, yes?

if you say so :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: at this time I cant put a definate timescale on it.

Rikki-UK:

Rob K:
Nice to hear.

if you say so :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: at this time I cant put a definate timescale on it.

When will you be able to put a definite time scale on it?

Thanks and regards.

It’s all these threads about caravan using nomadic travellers-'tis a gypsy curse for not buying me wood carvings so it is!" :laughing:

Now then… you can’t say things like that :open_mouth: and I hope your not referring to are nice friends the traveling people :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

altitude:
Now then… you can’t say things like that :open_mouth: and I hope your not referring to are nice friends the traveling people :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldn’t dream of it John! I always give them a cheery smile when they come into Gill Mill for “atunnershinglegottadoaolladiesdrivesoIhave”.
(Really thinking “Herr Hitler had a point actually”… :confused:

What’s going on now??

The page is like a sheet of white A4, with the web printed on it.

It’s sooo flippin bright! And sore on the eyes after not very long! :imp:

Anyone using this now will be able to use their lap top screen as an interior table top light!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: