This closed a5 for 12 hours. my driver airlifted to hospital

he ok now. he lucky to be alive hit a truck at 56mph sun blinded him.Photobucket

Okay, who’s gonna be first to say it ■■? :laughing:

Rob K:

Go on then… 56 on the A5 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: - to be honest, I doubt whether doing 50 (i assume it was on a dual bit) would have made a lot of difference.
There are a number of drivers out there who do not ‘consider’ the sun as a hazard until it blinds them and of course, if an incident occurs, the greater the speed, the more severe the impact.
I HOPE YOUR DRIVER RECOVERS SOON

But its ok for robk to do 90 on the motorway? :open_mouth:

ROG:

Rob K:

Go on then… 56 on the A5 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: - to be honest, I doubt whether doing 50 (i assume it was on a dual bit) would have made a lot of difference.

Unless he ran up the arse of the other truck I somehow doubt it was dual carriageway eh?

unless its just how the picture was taken,

that truck looks ot have stood up pretty well to what was a max speed accident,

Hope the driver recovers quickly and gets back behind the wheel

Ouch, has any one seen the stobart one at Keltruck looking onto the M5, hope the driver is okay.

Discopete:
unless its just how the picture was taken,

that truck looks ot have stood up pretty well to what was a max speed accident,

Hope the driver recovers quickly and gets back behind the wheel

It does seem very straight, especially the A pillar. I think the driver was very lucky that day :slight_smile: Hope he did the lottery.

It looks like the fire service has been involved, the doors missing! They probably used hydraulic cutters, spreaders and rams to get the driver out? :open_mouth: :confused:
Regards Smokinbarrels :smiley:

grahamA:
But its ok for robk to do 90 on the motorway? :open_mouth:

That’s only if the weather’s bad. Normally I do 110 ! :smiley: :laughing:

driver was stuck in cab for 1 and half hours scania cab strongest you can get. he been with me 5 years never scratched one before. as someone said you dont think of the sun as danger. driver dident even hit brake as no time the lorry he hit was at top of hill before m54 it was doing about 25 mph. got brand new fh in yard for him back to work in few weeks.

mjt:
driver was stuck in cab for 1 and half hours scania cab strongest you can get. he been with me 5 years never scratched one before. as someone said you dont think of the sun as danger. driver dident even hit brake as no time the lorry he hit was at top of hill before m54 it was doing about 25 mph. got brand new fh in yard for him back to work in few weeks.

Hmm, is it just me or… ?

Surely if you can’t see where you’re going you slow down to a speed you can safely stop at? Have the rules changed then? :confused:

Rob K:

mjt:

Hmm, is it just me or… ?

Surely if you can’t see where you’re going you slow down to a speed you can safely stop at? Have the rules changed then? :confused:

Well either way Rob, he’s had an accident. No one was seriously hurt. Unlike you, nobody is perfect.

MR VAIN:

Rob K:

mjt:

Hmm, is it just me or… ?

Well either way Rob, he’s had an accident. No one was seriously hurt. Unlike you, nobody is perfect.

Nothing to do with being perfect so quit your dramatising before you start. :unamused:

If you can’t see where you’re going you slow down (if you were born with any common sense, which clearly you weren’t being an owner driver, so I guess your response was understandable. :unamused: ).

Rob K:

MR VAIN:

Rob K:

mjt:

Hmm, is it just me or… ?

Nothing to do with being perfect so quit your dramatising before you start. :unamused:

If you can’t see where you’re going you slow down (if you were born with any common sense, which clearly you weren’t being an owner driver, so I guess your response was understandable. :unamused: ).

I wasn’t dramatising, i just pointed out that accidents happen, and obviously yr parents had one.

All rights lads easy … easy! blimey on it goes eh! :laughing:

At the end of the day the driver is ok (ish) and as one of us we WILL wish him a speedy recovery and he’s got a nice new FH to look forward to

I have driven at 56mph along with the majority of truck drivers, on roads where we should be driving at 50mph, the fact that the sun was shining is irrelevant as it only takes a millisecond of sunlight to temperarilly blind you and as we all know ■■■■ happens

mjt, well done for getting him a decent truck :wink:

he deserves it mate hard working lad had a bad acident we all have them and learn by them i employ lots of drivers and thease things happen its called being a good boss. by the way he on full pay inc nights out while off i look after my drivers. and all crap about doing 56 on dual road like no hgv driver does 50 get real. the real world is out their if you look.

mjt:
he deserves it mate hard working lad had a bad acident we all have them and learn by them i employ lots of drivers and thease things happen its called being a good boss. by the way he on full pay inc nights out while off i look after my drivers. and all crap about doing 56 on dual road like no hgv driver does 50 get real. the real world is out their if you look.

I stand corrected then as I (wrongly) assumed it was the non-dual section of the A5. :blush:

Still, richie’s comment about the sun doesn’t hold any water because you don’t find yourself driving along on a clear road one second, then get blinded by the sun in the 2nd second and then find yourself in the back of another truck in the 3rd second. :confused:

r900ver:
Ouch, has any one seen the stobart one at Keltruck looking onto the M5, hope the driver is okay.

I seen that. Very nasty!!! :frowning:

i saw it briefly but when i went in there the other night it had gone…maybe it’s under wraps…but theres some worse ones been in geopost’s yard next door…i took one in there that i thought was bad(cab off) and there was just a chassis there with the cab,axles and everything else in a pile next to it.
steady as you go guys.