This can't be right, can it?

Well my firm have finally got the “in house” CPC courses starting a week on Saturday. I don’t know yet which one we will be doing, but my question is this. Some of the guys at work have said that you can do the same course five times and end up with full credits. Of course I want to do all five different subjects but the way my company is performing I wouldn’t be surprised if they mess it up. So can you get full credits by repeating the same subjects or do you have to do each subject?

Rich

Yeah they are right. Your not required to do certain subjects, but you are required to do 35hrs. It’s really stupid and kind of pointless people doing the same one all the time. Why not just do different ones and try and learn something from them :confused:

there are so many different courses that you could not hope to do them all and have them all count for dcpc

Each different course has to be paid for so having just one and repeating it 5 times will be cheaper for the company
The company will still have to pay for dcpc centre approval if they are the provider

If they are the registered provider with only one registered course then I wonder how that makes any sort of economic sense?

I would have thought it will be cheaper to have a trainer come in and do a course from an already established dcpc provider?

If they are the registered provider with only one registered course then I wonder how that makes any sort of economic sense?

You’ve answered your own question Rog:

Each different course has to be paid for so having just one and repeating it 5 times will be cheaper for the company

Total cost to the provider to run one course is IRO £450 per year. Add to that the cost of the trainer and it’s clear that it will cost a lot less than using a professional trainer.

It will also fuel the fire about the whole thing being a waste of time etc etc. But never mind, it’ll be cheaper!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

My company has one of their own employees who is qualified to run the course so he gets paid and we all go in on a Saturday, without pay, to do the course. I don’t know how many courses he is qualified to do so that could be why we are being told we can do the same one many times and still be legal. I’ll let you know what happens.
Rich

To find out how many courses they have approved, go to jaupt.org.uk/Centre+and+Course+Search

But it is perfectly legal to do the same course 5 times, though that isn’t the spirit of it and I would imagine would be mind-numbing!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing: