This Asda be the wrong way!

i think Asda

need to put this on there adds

we go were no van as been before
we deliver to you no mater what’s in front
we have the best drivers in the world
we go out of are way to get there
we use the best tracking systems available

What concerns me is that a driver as daft as that is allowed to drive on public roads :open_mouth:

trying to be fair to the driver he was delivering to a farm and you’d have to see what the track was like at the top before condemming as a total prat.

Mr B:
trying to be fair to the driver he was delivering to a farm and you’d have to see what the track was like at the top before condemming as a total prat.

Unless it was a farm that didn’t have any vehicles or visitors, then any one with an IQ of 10 would realise that the heavily used footpath was narrower than a transit van.

The driver should be condemned as a prat, at the very least :stuck_out_tongue:

ASDA Drivers are simply thick, from the experience of the ones who have delivered to our village

Mr B:

Well also trying to be fair … it’s hard to see any excuse for getting into the position the vehicle ended in unless it was being driven by a total prat.

An even bigger prat must have been the minibus driver mentioned in the article that was taking passengers to the airport !

Surely his passengers would have said something?

Did the driver get placed on the Alternative Career Enhancement Program■■?

Wheel Nut:
ASDA Drivers are simply thick, from the experience of the ones who have delivered to our village

Cheers :grimacing: printed the article off to stick on the office wall :laughing:

Mark28:

Wheel Nut:

Cheers :grimacing: printed the article off to stick on the office wall :laughing:

The thick one I got must know who he is, he was the one sweating and carrying 14 carrier bags almost 300yds :laughing: and then he blamed health and safety rules :stuck_out_tongue:

Tesco and Waitrose vans park partly on the footpath and I help them unload. 5 minutes and they are gone

Wheel Nut:

Mark28:

Wheel Nut:

The thick one I got must know who he is, he was the one sweating and carrying 14 carrier bags almost 300yds :laughing: and then he blamed health and safety rules :stuck_out_tongue:

Tesco and Waitrose vans park partly on the footpath and I help them unload. 5 minutes and they are gone

:laughing: I’d love to know which driver you got.

Seems I take the Tesco and waitrose approach to delivering :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:

Mr B:

Unless it was a farm that didn’t have any vehicles or visitors, then any one with an IQ of 10 would realise that the heavily used footpath was narrower than a transit van.

The driver should be condemned as a prat, at the very least :stuck_out_tongue:

i didn’t say he wasn’t a prat but i’m sure we’ve all turned down roads that have been right but you’ve had severe doubts at the top because it looks narrow

A couple of years ago I pulled up and ask a couple of lads if they knew were such and such was and got told “down there mate”, but I saw them in my mirrors having a good old laugh, so got a bit further down and my suspicions were aroused, so stopped and googled the destination, certainly in the right direction, but what looked like over a football pitch via perhaps a footpath, so maybe the laughing was at my expense or they thought I could get through that way. Anyhow I stopped at a place were I could still turn, so got out with no bother. I am probably a bit old fashioned and see the better side in people :unamused:

You would have thought anyone driving these small vans delivering supermarket shopping (why?) would be local and sort of know their way around. I remember a notice up at a local Tescos regarding this work, minimum wage and the 2 vehicles outside looked like they had done a tour in Afghanistan. Its a poor do that a couple of A-Z are not in the cab or the interview is more than a few grunts, whatever bad information this chap got before he embarked on his suicide mission, I cannot understand how he would arrive at this point without thinking this is not a great idea, unless this is a new service from Asda to mix the ingredients before delivery.

I have a short holiday in November back in the UK, might take a walk down by the canal, look at the ducks, boats, stuck deliver vehicles :smiley:

well, at least they didnt lable it as “asda truck driver” as they seem to do whenever something like this happens

Mr B:
sure we’ve all turned down roads that have been right but you’ve had severe doubts at the top because it looks narrow

yup on the main road sat nav told me to turn down this road :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:

so i did :exclamation: :exclamation:

but it was right, sure enough drop was down 1/2 mile down this winding road :exclamation: :grimacing: :grimacing:

i only went down it though because some one in the yard had warned me the road does not look HGV friendly but you drive down it, other wise i dont think i would of done :exclamation:

But even if a sat nav or a divv sat at the side of a road gives you directions. You have the choice to either follow those directions or follow the divvs.

I look at the road, the trees, the verge, does it look like an artic, transit van, or motorbike has been down here before? If not I drive to the next junction, or go for a little walk

You should see some of the places you have to go on removals. :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
[

Hope you mean the Shop at Home drivers and not us !

There must be a point when a alarm goes off in your head saying this is tractor country you’re in…then they press the snooze button and keep going :unamused:

I was a great fan of sat-navs but now :open_mouth: the amount of people that cut across you in a roundabout following the thing and not looking in their mirrors is incredible.

joemaxi:

Wheel Nut:
[

Well if you try and deliver into our village, you are included, cos we aint got an ASDA :laughing:

There is a post in this thread about the ASDA Driver who carried 14 carrier bags up a narrow lane from one end to the other because of some made up health and safety rules. when according to the local store, they didn’t tell the driver anything of the sort. I live next door to a restaurant who have a wine delivery about 3 times a week along with other suppliers in 18tonne rigids. The refuse cart visits twice a week and can manage to negotiate the lane, yet some prick in a transit size van cannot get within 300yds of the entrance. :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

joemaxi:

Wheel Nut:
[

Well if you try and deliver into our village, you are included, cos we aint got an ASDA :laughing:

There is a post in this thread about the ASDA Driver who carried 14 carrier bags up a narrow lane from one end to the other because of some made up health and safety rules. when according to the local store, they didn’t tell the driver anything of the sort. I live next door to a restaurant who have a wine delivery about 3 times a week along with other suppliers in 18tonne rigids. The refuse cart visits twice a week and can manage to negotiate the lane, yet some prick in a transit size van cannot get within 300yds of the entrance. :open_mouth:

You should ring the store & sing the blokes praises, tell them that you were really impressed with him & that you would like him to deliver all your stuff, then order as many bags of spuds & 3ltr bottles of water as you can afford, get your video camera ready & put it up on youtube so we can all have a laugh :laughing: