Thirsk to Sighthill (Edinburgh) route advice

Any advice please. Travelling tomorrow (Friday morning) in an artic. Is it best to stick to A1 up the coast, or cross country via Coldstream?
Thanks

A1 all the way, then edinburgh city bypass to calder junction and thats you in sighthill. :slight_smile: A68 coldstream would be a major detore off route. :open_mouth:

pavaroti:
A1 all the way, then edinburgh city bypass to calder junction and thats you in sighthill. :slight_smile: A68 coldstream would be a major detore off route. :open_mouth:

Yep I would go with that as well far too many speed cameras on the A 68 ( last count 27 :unamused: )

a1 a696 a68 way… some great views on a68, and not many other hgvs on this route… might go down this way tommorow from grangemouth, a nice steady 40mph to take in the countryside,

So long as you are not to heavy try the A697 just north of Morpeth on the A1 all the way up to the A68 , then follow this road to the Edinburgh City by-pass then travel east to the Calder Junction and your there .

how exciting :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Nice in the good weather days but in this dull miserable excuse for early summer we’ve had might as well stick to the A1 probably won’t see much countryside anyway what ever way you go, sorry just me being fed up with the lack of that big lightbulb in the sky! A1 is the flatter route if your freighted, Carter Bar A68 and the Wilds of Wany A697 might be a bit ■■■■ clenching if your new to an Artic, come back one of those ways if your empty or light to see what the roads are like for next time, nothing like a good bit of exploring!

Who you going to in sighthill are you going to, there are two entrances into the estate

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?dqoofg
It’s not theirs anymore,
This is our England now.
Paaaaarrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyy