Thinking of trying European class 1 work - advice?

I’ve searched the first 3 or 4 pages and cannot find a thread like this, so apologies if this appallingly repetitive topic is being rehashed for the 100th time. I did try - honest!

After 10 years of holding a class 1 licence, with 7 years experience within that 10 years, and after disillusion with trying to kick-start a completely different career, I’ve had a radical change of heart and just want a little adventure in life. I’m bored. I’ve only ever driven in the UK and now wish to try some European driving. I’ve got my 4th and 5th dcpc days booked soon, and it will be completed by May - so will have dcpc til Sep 2019 soon. I’ve got a passport, am single, no kids, no mortgage, and am 35 years old.

Being completely inexperienced in European work, what is the best way into it? To find some cross-channel work, such as France/Holland/Belgium only, and back? Does work like this exist? Who might be best to approach around the Northamptonshire area? I’ve read the threads about the downfalls, and I am aware of many types of problems and pleasantries I could encounter. But what advice would you give to a bloke with no Euro experience? What are the basics?

I once went for a job interview at a Northampton firm (who shall remain nameless) and the interviewer’s face and manner changed when I mentioned that under no circumstances I would break tacho rules. Until that point he was really quite emphatic about employing me. I never heard back from them. Is running bent generally expected? I’m just not interested in having 7 hours off and driving for 12. I’m just not.

Thank you in advance for any advice, caution, encouragement, discouragement, job offers, corrections to my grammar, or laughter at my fanciful naivety.

you can always try stobarts they seam to be giving every body a chance judging by posts on here :unamused:
edited to say i wish you all the very best of luck and hope you get fixed up :slight_smile:

I cant say or advise on anything on driving over the water but why not try AGENCY over the water I mean its gotta work both ways surely :open_mouth:

Have you tried E M Rogers or Carr Brother UK ltd - both based in Northampton or S&K Haulage - Barry, Wales that seem they take inexperienced drivers for Europe work no problem

These…skhaulage.net/careers.php