Thinking about trading to a Twingo!

OK,OK you can all stop laughing :exclamation: :exclamation:
I’m now looking at trading the Foden in on a 2003 Renault Premium 420DCI (white/privilege cab/320k/16sp ZF) from the Renault dealer used trucks package,the Foden is now over 5 years old and the quarry work is starting to give me a few minor problems with it (had to change two air tanks recently because of rust :exclamation:).
I’m sort of stuck with the Premium because nobody really wants the Foden on a trade unless buying brand new and the dealer can offer a good range of deals and cheap finance.
I know that the Twingo may be down on power abit against the 440hp ■■■■■■■ but the dealer can “chip” it to around 450/460hp “on the quiet” for approx £500 and still honour any warranty. There will be a new PTO going on it so its never done quarry work before and the dealer has a used “L” shaped tank that they will fit to give me around 800L capacity.
The twingo’s are light,equipped with a Jake brake,not too hard on the juice,cheap to buy/run, but the lack of a diff lock does concern me a little bit,although they have some kind off anti-slip thingy.
I could afford to look at new trucks but to put a new artic into a quarry to me is just madness as after the first week the truck is covered in muck both inside and out :exclamation: :exclamation: Also my driver who is reliable and a good pilot is also abit untidy and a heavy smoker to boot.
An O/D thats runs one out of a sister quarry to the one I run out of loves his and it has been relatively trouble free since he bought it new 3 years ago,
what do you guy’s think :question:

P.S. would also consider getting another clean 6x2 03/04 Foden Alpha,would have to have the 450 Cat, 300/400k and preferably specced with PTO/stack or big tanks,would also prefer standard height cab,
anybody know of one that the seller will take a 01 6x2 Alpha in on trade :question:

if the dealer will chippit on the quiet get it writing that they will honour any warrenty on the truck

alix776:
if the dealer will chippit on the quiet get it writing that they will honour any warrenty on the truck

Mine’s chipped to 460 by the dealer, from new. It completely transformed the motor. She’s 2 year old this month, and all it’s had is 1 water pipe. The Gearboxes are a bit suspect though. But best of luck, I hope it goes well for you

renaultman:

alix776:

Mine’s chipped to 460 by the dealer, from new. It completely transformed the motor. She’s 2 year old this month, and all it’s had is 1 water pipe. The Gearboxes are a bit suspect though. But best of luck, I hope it goes well for you

RM,
What kind of work do you do with yours?
Will the lack of a diff lock be a drawback in the quarries?
How do you find it on diesel with the chip?