Thinking about giving it up

Hi all I know in this current climate I should bf glad of a job but I cannot get around I’m just the companies ■■■■■ as they pay me I was self-employed for 20 yrs and thought it would be good to get a proper job with holiday pay and regular wage but I miss my independence and the freedom of been self employed.
Now the question is will I overcome these issues or not.
I passed my tests aug and sept started work in oct so been doing it for four months now I enjoy the job and don’t really struggle with anything apart from said issues cheers

If your were self employed for 20 years and made a go of it, why couldn’t you carry on with it?

Kirk Ella 71:
Hi all I know in this current climate I should bf glad of a job but I cannot get around I’m just the companies ■■■■■ as they pay me I was self-employed for 20 yrs and thought it would be good to get a proper job with holiday pay and regular wage but I miss my independence and the freedom of been self employed.
Now the question is will I overcome these issues or not.
I passed my tests aug and sept started work in oct so been doing it for four months now I enjoy the job and don’t really struggle with anything apart from said issues cheers

I worked for myself for twenty three years in a different field but had been a driver for eight years before that. I came back last year and even after having employed upto six people at on stage and making a good living previously, it is nice now not to be ultimately responsible and I have “surrendered” for an easy life, give it a little longer and learn to work the job to your benefit

Went through a bad patch last year cost me about 17K so just thought stuff it and went and did my licences but now over it and missing my freedom

at the end of the day if it pays you a decent wage and you can take the rough with the smooth as an employee you should give a while and then see if its worthwhile. as you say at least you have a job as there are many on here looking for one with no success.
i hope it works out for you.

Ahhhhh you were self employed in another industry, makes sense now and you did make reference to it in your first post when you said you took your tests but I missed it.

How about using any skills, cash etc you got to try and set yourself up again, and just use the agency to supplement your income.

Although I bet hundreds of guys on this forum would just love to have a regular job and income. You just have to do what makes you happy.

im struggling the other way, im a self employed driver and a few firms have asked me to go on the books for them but dont want self employed.

im thinkjing of jacking and going back paye. :neutral_face: :angry:

I was a driver for 22 years, Got a job in a factory(which drove me mad at times) & at the same time studied in night school.Been self-employed for the last 2 years doing something non-transport related, but I do miss being out on the open road.Good thing Is I’ve got a mate with his own truck that lets me have a go now & then…