Thinking About Employment.. ...

Now that I have passed Cat C I am thinking further forwards onto paid work, I called in to some of the local haulage firms today, one wanted 2 years experience (fair enough) didn’t get past the door with the other (very ignorant) and the last one seemed interested but concerned about my lack of experience, I intend to go visit more haulage firms over the coming weeks. I called in to the haulage firms to make a tentative enquire as at this stage I still have CPC to complete and I am booked in for the Cat C+E test at the beginning of August. If I cannot find work directly through an employer I am intending on going down the agency route for work, I have no idea how the agencies work, what to expect or who best to contact, I would be grateful for any advice on this or on anything related to gaining employment in general especially from anyone local to the Nottinghamshire area… … … thanks in advance. :smiley:

im in the same boat but holding off till I’ve done c+e and cpc, was tempted to do flt or moffet swell but can’t see me really needing that, I’m not interested in adr and i don’t mind a bit of handball either (i think a lot of drivers need to do this to lose some weight)

just keep trying mate lots of firms round that way. we have lads in worksop running out of some premier foods site (i should know what site it is i was in there today but my minds gone blank), worth giving them a try, as i know our yard in skem take on new lads.

we do days, nights, and tramping. 4 on 4 off monday to friday whatever really!

pm me if you wanna know more

Taylors at Huthwaite and Mitchells at Stanton Hill are both worth a try. Sports Direct at Shirebrook are not averse to new drivers but will only employ CE.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

My advice is get your CPC done and the C+E test out of the way. If you are a new C+E driver with CPC around August/September go straight for TNT, HERMES, UK Mail, Royal Mail and probably you will have to go through Agency. Go for PAYE do not do umbrella or LTd Company. The two years rule will be out of the window until Xmas as they cannot get enough drivers. Your problems start on the work front in January :sunglasses:

Thanks all, I have visited some of the mentioned firms today and had some positive responses. :smiley:
I would be interested to here any further comments, advise or of the experiences of other drivers with regards to the agencies?