Things i saw last night

the route- alfreton-gillingham(trl change)- dunstable-alfreton… ZZZzzzzzzzz.
crossing the qe2 bridge dartford approx 2330… minding my own, mark radcliffe on the radio, happy as larry, BOOM the biggest bloody bolt of lightening ive seen for years lit up the sky (first brown trouser moment :open_mouth: ) hence one co-op artic veering erratically :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . trl change over and done with, had my 45 break, back under the river, trolling around the 25, janice long wittering away, back in my comfort zone...... KEEEEERRRRRIIIIIIIKEY! theres a petrol tanker across two lanes jacknifed with the cab facing me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . rapid lane changing maneuvers follow! there was an eight wheel tipper in front of him on the fone to old bill so i didnt stop. how on earth hed jacknifed there i have no idea? hear later on the radio they`ve closed two lanes near jcn 22. i also saw samantha janus riding a harley in the ■■■■, and anna kornikova naked in a lambo… ok i made that bit up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JONBOY@RH:
crossing the qe2 bridge dartford approx 2330… minding my own, mark radcliffe on the radio, happy as larry, BOOM the biggest bloody bolt of lightening i`ve seen for years lit up the sky

KEEEEERRRRRIIIIIIIKEY! theres a petrol tanker across two lanes jacknifed with the cab facing me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . rapid lane changing maneuvers follow!

A couple of JEEEEESUS CHRIST moments there eh Jonboy :laughing:

Thats the trouble with driving at night, things seem to jump out at you, reminds me of late one night a few years ago driving along the A40 from Oxford to Gloscester.
I was climbing a hill before the r/bout at Northleach and noticed a car rapidly approaching in the mirrors. As I was packing quite a bit of speed I started to ease off and just as I crested the hill the verges opened out to reveal a large area planted up with bushes and saplings, suddenly one of the larger bushes suddenly moved :open_mouth: and shot out into the road right in front of the truck :exclamation: . The bush then sprouted cloven feet and a pair of antlers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and proceeded to try and outrun the truck. I was still pulling quite a bit of speed and was gaining on it rapidly and I started to brake hard in a straight line to give it some sort of chance. Then just as we were about to make contact it veered off to the right, only to be hit by the car that I had seen in the mirrors only seconds before and was now flying past on my o/side. The deer was catapulted into the air and both it and the car, an old type volvo, dissapeared into a cloud of rubber tyre smoke and into the darkness. I pulled to a halt and as the tyre smoke cleared I could see the deer on the verge in spasms and the car was reveresing back up to it. The driver jumped out and dashed round to the back of the car and opened the boot and started to rumage around inside looking for something. Not feeling sure about what was about to happen to Rudolf, (I could see venison on somebodys menu :open_mouth: ) I opted the stay put in the truck. Suddenly the man produced a stethoscope and started to give the animal a quick examination and then beckoned me over.
As I joined the man he explained that he was a Vet on his way to an emergency call out. Just then the deer started to regain conciousnes and started to try to escape but was clearly badly injured as it had no movement in its hind quarters. The Vet diagnosed a broken spine and asked if I would mind hanging on to it and hold it steady while he prepared and administered a fatal injection to put it out of its misery.
So now when driving at night I treat every bush with the utmost respect and suspicion, I know I’ll never trust one again. :laughing:

i also saw samantha janus riding a harley in the ■■■■, and anna kornikova naked in a lambo…

It wasn’t a black Harley and a red Lambo,by any chance?

Ken.

One night, many years ago…

It’s a true story. Coming off Junction 2 of the M40 I was heading towards Slough at about 2.30 a.m. Not far off the motorway, when the road goes on a bit of a downhill slope with trees on either side of the road, I saw what I thought was a Panther.

I am sure to this day that it was not a black dog or an overgrown moggie.

This was 10 years ago, on the A 355.

Any one heard of any more sightings ?

Cheers,

Niall.

no sorry ken it was a red harley and a black lambo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: