Things can change so quickly!

This was two years ago .
Since Friday across Germany down through Austria and Italy to Bari 16hrs on a ferry to Patras ,Greece. On to Athens, Back to Patras then on another ferry for 26hrs to Ancona, up through Italy Austria and Germany then re-ròuted to Switzerland for tomorrow. Back to Calais then home .
4 new countries for me in 7 days .
I think I can remember where home is !
This was two years ago , the following March I suddenly had cardio problems and things went downhill.
I have not driven at all since November 17 .
I really miss the travelling.
Take care out on the roads , try to stay healthy !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You can get over the health stuff but missing the job is harder. I have just driven to Cornwall and back and think lorry drivers are mental wanting to do this everyday, like you I have been to most if not all European countries and several other places. Never thought I could get out of it but I did and never been happier. [emoji14]

Roadworks, cameras, traffic jams, miles of standing traffic because a three year old needs a ■■■■. Where’s my bus pass?

That looks a nice varied week back then Ken,i,ve done a bit of Euro work in the past but just UK now,
Hope you are on the mend and can get back to your desired job,
I,ve recently packed the cigs in and try to watch what i,m eating when i,m down the road now that i,m in my fifties,its posts like yours that spur me on to start looking after myself,
Good Luck for the future.

Unfortunately the health problems will not allow me back in anything bigger than a car if I can sort the cardio problems out .
I have offers of work once the the ticker is back going tick tock tick tock and not tick tick tick tock …tock …tick .
I keep busy doing research into local authority truck parking and searching for hard to locate parts for a mates restoration business.
I have an open offer to return to his business part time when a bit fitter .
Playing with classic and race cars is a dream job and one that I did before the financial crash sent me back on the road .
I do follow the campaigns to improve facilities for drivers who are away from home , I am active where I can be . I will admit that a significant number in the industry are their own worst enemies with abusing facilities and staff , and not just drivers from other countries.
I am certainly resistant to going into office work within the industry , I have been told that I am too intolerant and certainly not diplomatic enough to work with pointy toe bulls#&t artists .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I know exactly where your coming from Ken, I wasn’t as far travelled as you spending most of my time west and north Scotland with the occasional foray south of the border, but at the beginning of 2017 I was diagnosed with spinal cancer. The surgeon was optimistic about the operation to get the tumour out and was quite confident he would have me back at work within a couple of months, but thing’s didn’t go quite to plan and 18 months on I’m in a wheelchair with little chance of ever walking again never mind driving a truck, the company I worked for were great and got various adaptations done to the office to enable me to return to work after my 10 months off but in the office only.
Do I miss it ? Yeh I would say I do, especially since i’m still around the trucks and im now responsible for sending them out on some of great runs i used to enjoy.
But the way I look at it is I was lucky, I witnessed some horrific sights when I was in the spinal unit, folk at lot younger than me in a lot worse state gave me a real reality check, yeh ma legs don’t work and my life has completely changed but i’m still here and I’m going to make the most of what I’ve got.
Good luck for the future mate and hopefully you at least get your car licence back.