They walk among us...

Most of us who deliver to RDCs and such, have now enjoyed the best part of the year relaxing in our cab, when we’re on a bay, being topped or loaded, rather than penned in because of “health and safety”, to avoid drivers driving of when the light is still red. And there has not been a tsunami of incidents, as predicted by the health and safety compliance managers.

But today, whilst tipping in Lidl Exeter, a fine example of a professional, on the bay next to me proved the health and safety manager right. At Exeter, all the pallet trucks have their keys left in, so you do not exchange your keys for the pallet truck. And numbnuts on the bay next to me, for reasons only known to himself, decided to finish tipping, and pull off the bay without either returning the ramp, or closing the roller shutter door…

And you wonder why we are treated like toddlers…

As Del Trotter once said -

“Its easy done. If you’re bloody stupid” :laughing:

Do we need to guess the company, or you going to tell us… or was it the usual suspects…

So is self tipping the reason the lidl bays don’t have lights (or at least I don’t think most of the ones I’ve been to have had them).

Always end up double checking behind the rubber strips before actually driving off as I always picture guy on the bay next to me opening the door and the ramp then wandering off to find a pallet truck. You would hope they would notice the trailer looks different but if they’re stood to the side operating the controls who knows…,

Very unrealistic but there’s probably a story every week about this industry I could tell someone and they’d tell me it was unbelievable [emoji3061]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

And the other day, in a Tosco RDC. A handful of steering wheel attendees, all sitting in the waiting room, staring at the bay info screen…

KarlM:
So is self tipping the reason the lidl bays don’t have lights (or at least I don’t think most of the ones I’ve been to have had them).

Always end up double checking behind the rubber strips before actually driving off as I always picture guy on the bay next to me opening the door and the ramp then wandering off to find a pallet truck. You would hope they would notice the trailer looks different but if they’re stood to the side operating the controls who knows…,

Very unrealistic but there’s probably a story every week about this industry I could tell someone and they’d tell me it was unbelievable [emoji3061]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Even if the lights had gone green and I had my papers signed in my hand I checked the trailer, either by pulling back the flaps or sticking my hand between the gap and taking a photo. Than I pulled forward, shut the doors and moved off the bay.

the nodding donkey:
And the other day, in a Tosco RDC. A handful of steering wheel attendees, all sitting in the waiting room, staring at the bay info screen…

Yep. :unamused:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166946

Wheel Nut:

KarlM:
either by pulling back the flaps or sticking my hand between the gap .

I like to do this too, normally when I’m at home with the missus.

And then theres places who couldn’t give a toss and let you keep the keys… shouting you when tipped [emoji23][emoji23] always good practice to check ramp is off and not a flt in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk