They say a picture says a thousand words

… in this case all of them are… “zb” :laughing:

So what’s it like in the UK at the moment? I understand you’ve had a bit of “global warming” yourselves in the last few days?

Yeh funny how when the goverments started going nuts about global warming, every year has started to get colder and colder :laughing: :laughing: we will be heading for another ice age soon

bubsy06:
Yeh funny how when the goverments started going nuts about global warming, every year has started to get colder and colder :laughing: :laughing: we will be heading for another ice age soon

Funny you should say that, I was watching something recently and they were saying we are destined for another ice age as the Earths orbit is moving away from the Sun.

Right…

Global warming is a term given for the rise of the AVERAGE global temperature. That’s a figure compiled from all areas of the globe, not just the UK. This figure has been rising steadily and has is forecast to continue. Whether human activity is the cause is another arguement. But the fact is it’s warming up.

What we’ve seen this winter is how winters should be, recently our winters have been relatively mild.

The interesting point is that the UK is actually forecast to have lower annual temperatures in the distant future due to global warming continue. This is because as the polar ice caps diminish, the gulfstream (a highway of fast moving air in high up in the atmosphere) which keeps us warm through the winter in comparison so the rest of Europe will be altered and become less effective, and it’s likely that we’ll see more rainfall during the summer months.

I know governments chats a lot of bullmanure in order to tax us more and it’s easy to ridicule it if you take it at face value, but there’s actually more to the story then meets the eye (or tabloid!).

muckles:

bubsy06:

Funny you should say that, I was watching something recently and they were saying we are destined for another ice age as the Earths orbit is moving away from the Sun.

I think this could be true over the very long term, but did you know that the earth is actually further away from the sun during the summer in the northern hemisphere than in the winter, when it’s closer? If you think at how long the earth has been in relatively the same orbit it is in now, it’s going to take millions of years for an ice age to occur due to the distance from the sun.The critical aspect is the angle at which the suns radiation enters the earths atmosphere, the distance from the sun is negligable in human terms.

manowar:
The interesting point is that the UK is actually forecast to have lower annual temperatures in the distant future due to global warming continue. This is because as the polar ice caps diminish, the gulfstream (a highway of fast moving air in high up in the atmosphere) which keeps us warm through the winter in comparison so the rest of Europe will be altered and become less effective, and it’s likely that we’ll see more rainfall during the summer months.

The Gulf stream is a Atlantic Ocean current, which starts in the Gulf of Mexico. The fast moving air you refer to is the Jet stream :wink:

You’re right! I apologise :blush:

Just some of the useless information I learned in science lessons at school a few years ago now…

You beat me to it Colin

Just to add something else to your equations :slight_smile:

The mainstay for the arguement against global warming being caused by humanity is that the measured increase in planetary temperature is relatively the same within the solar sytem. ie Mars has increased at the same rate, so has Saturn etc. This, they say, shows global warming to be a solar system wide effect of the sun increased patterns of magnet storms and increased solar winds.

As was said the ‘general’ green movement as instigated by the govt is just a way of stealth taxing the people.

Well isnt the earth getting warmer because the sun is getting hotter?

And also I read somewhere that about 97% of co2 comes from natural sources so I dont think the 3% cars, factories etc contribute are gonna make much difference. We are being ripped off with another tax

You’re quite right, it’s been nothing but a tax-bandwagon. I’m not 100% sure what’s behind it as I’m not really interested in that - as if humans would do anything about it anyway!

I was just nit-picking, global temperatures are changing and it midly annoys me when people expect winters to be warm because of it, which isn’t quite an accurate assumption.

I’ve clearly got too much time on my hands tonight! :laughing:

Yeah - the livestock industry is more responsible than all of transport put together if we go by the theory that the governments working on.

■■■■■■■ and burping cows is the problem! I have to deliver to them now and again…

bubsy06:

does that mean i might be an ice road trucker in the uk

BRICKTROTTER XL:

bubsy06:

does that mean i might be an ice road trucker in the uk

Bristol Channel freezes over and you could do Ilfracombe to Swansea :slight_smile:

Hell reading all these posts has made my head hurt :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

We are in the middle of a natural cycle.
Neanderthols died out about 25000 years ago.
We will be next.

Will the world heat up or cool down?
Will we cook or will we freeze?

Exciting innit. :laughing:

There is some truth in this climate change thingy

4 months ago it was hot…now its cold…

After seeing the Catastrophe programmes on TV Channel 4, I think we are due for a large asteriod hit which will wipe out 90%+ of life on earth so why worry about a few CO2s :laughing:

does that mean us drivers will be ok then ROG,us being a lower life form more akin to termites and cockroaches.
Simon :sunglasses: