They said !

How many times do you heard that on the CB ?
“They said this” … “They said that”
I have arguments all the time with these sad gits who comment on an accident and speculate about what happened … They said he was cut up ETC
This weds I was heading north on the NJ turnpike which happens to be the most confusing highways on earth due to the fact that it is I-95 for half of it and then the other 80 odd miles of I-95 re-start 30 miles west in PA ? … anyway ! back to the story :-
A dump truck (Tipper for the brits on here) had flipped over on the southbound side and dirt was everywhere needing a lot of shovelling, there were various comments by those who had no idea what really happened one in paricular got to me …
“I heard the driver had a heart attack” said some git.
“How do you know that ?” I said “Did New Jersey EMS call you and tell you he had a heart attack ?”
“Well they said”
“Who said ?”
“They did”
“You have no idea what you are talking about do you ?”
“Well they took him off in an ambulance”
“His truck had rolled over FFS … of course they took him away in an ambulance”
“well thats what I heard”
“Why don’t you stop at the scene and walk over and ask the cops what happened ?” I said … a long pause for what seemed a long time then I got the usuall reaction …

“Why don’t you [zb] off back to Australia ?” :laughing:

ha ha ha thats funny !! [zb] off to Australia
We get it all the time workin for the council and sometimes having to close the road due to an RTA people coming up and asking stupid questions calling us all the names under the sun coz they think we are digging up the road then acting stupid wen you tell them to follow diversion signs !! :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
“Why don’t you [zb] off back to Australia ?” :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If I had a pound for everytime I’d been called an Australian… The best ones are the ones that ask if you are and when you tell them no, they go through every English speaking country there is… except ENGLAND :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In Ohio I was in a McDs & the bird behind the till went through the Australia/New Zealand/Ireland thing, then thought she was really clever and said South Africa, no I replied, I’m from England, wow she said, do they speak English there too :unamused:

The biggest insult is “WHY DON’T YOU SPEAK ENGLISH ?”
“I am English you pillock, I speak English, it’s you that [zb]ed up the language”
Or at one occasion “We don’t need anything Engish here so [zb] off home”
“Oh really … we can we have our language back then ?”

Pat Hasler:
How many times do you heard that on the CB ?
“They said this” … “They said that”

“I heard the driver had a heart attack” said some git.
“How do you know that ?” I said “Did New Jersey EMS call you and tell you he had a heart attack ?”
“Well they said”
:

NO, we all know it was a four wheeler cut him off, and i DID NOT see it happen but i KNOW that’s what happened cos’ i’m one of THEM :smiling_imp: :blush: :laughing:

Charles

The best tho are the polish Nolan drivers wen you tell um there is an accident and the road is closed they look at you like your dull and do all this no understand stuff :imp: ,mention the word toll bridge and they talk better English than i doo … funny tho :laughing: