Thermal Waterproof Gloves

I drag cold -21 and wet steel cages about most of the night and the traditional gloves I wear are not thermal or waterproof…can anyone make any suggestions (apart from change my job please) glove wise?

What are you guys wearing?

I don’t want thick latex fingers that you are not able to feel anything in but reasonable thickness if that makes sense

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

put normal PVC (extra large) gloves over woolen (thermal) gloves

Sealskin gloves.

Goretex winter motorcycle gloves (unarmoured)?

Assuming you are employed tell your boss to get PPE that’s fit for purpose…

This:
ytgloves.com/fr-waterproof-ulti … d-w-kevlar

Or this with internal fleece insert:
ytgloves.com/all-gloves/fr-rain … dry-kevlar
ytgloves.com/all-gloves/fr-flee … h-polartec

This is probably the most expensive option you can find in the market, but without compromise - you ain’t gonna find anything better than this and they last several years.

If you contact them directly they sometimes give discounts.

Condoms on each finger

cypry0:
Sealskin gloves.

Another vote here for Sealskinz (not Sealskin!) gloves.

Decent waterproof thermal gloves are like rocking horse ■■■.
I use “Showa 377” for winter/wet use as they are completely waterproof, but are too thin to protect from the cold over a sustained period.

Sealskinz are great but pricy, the Ion Claw glove is a little cheaper, both were made for outdoor activities.
The Ion glove is pre-curved to help grip easier and I’ve had mine from the link below.
mcsupwatersports.com/produc … w-glove-4/

As an addon question, will any of these survive winding trailer legs as well as being thermal & waterproof? Found plenty of decent gloves, but they all wear out on the winders in a couple of weeks or are so chunky you can’t do up curtains as there’s no feel (eg: thick latex ones).

The Showa 377 gloves seem to be lasting me a while. Had the same pair for 3 months. They have 2 layers of rubber and the top layer has only just started to wear through. They are thin enough to do curtain buckles up with, but thick enough to not snag and tear on sharp edges.

trevHCS:
As an addon question, will any of these survive winding trailer legs as well as being thermal & waterproof? Found plenty of decent gloves, but they all wear out on the winders in a couple of weeks or are so chunky you can’t do up curtains as there’s no feel (eg: thick latex ones).

The ones I mentioned will - Yes.

Haven’t tested these ones yet, but apparently for Fuel Tankers these ones are good choice:
superiorglove.com/en/work-g … her-gloves

Pretty much Any glove that will say goatskin will have highest dexterity, after that you add your needs to whatever is added to goatskin - Kevlar or oil resistance etc…

But they will all cost more than 99% of British drivers would be willing to pay for a pair of gloves… all the good ones are not sold in UK, only Yankees are willing to pay such a fortune for a pair of gloves. :smiley:

I don’t know how waterproof they are but how about neoprene gloves for water sports?
lomo.co.uk/acatalog/neoprene … loves.html

Your employer has a duty of care to you.
Your first port of call is to your Health and Saftey rep at your company and explain the situation and request the appropriate PPE to fullfil the demands of the job.

Tegera 377 Insulated Thermal Gloves - SafetyGloves.co.uk at £6 per pair should do the job and satisfy the bean counters

peirre:
I don’t know how waterproof they are but how about neoprene gloves for water sports?

Neoprene and watersports… I remember when you had to dial a number beginning with 0898 for that sort of thing :laughing:

I wear those big red ones.
Totally waterproof and £12 for a pack of 12.

peirre:

Not waterproof at all, unfortunately. And fairly easy to wear out/tear in a work day scenario.