There's no point

… to this post other than to vent! :imp:

Got home tonight to be met with a PCN for my private car from a Co called Napier parking. I paid the £90 immediately 'cos I did the crime so I’ll do the time. I nipped to the local hippie one night and parked in a pay and display for all of ten minutes without paying obviously, no problems there.

However, being a cantankerous ■■■■ I noticed that their office is a few hundreds yards from one of my hides hole parking spots in Milton Keynes. Oh boy, is this gonna cost them waaay more than £90.

Childish and petulant? Of course it is but I will extract my revenge.

There, I feel better now.

dump in a bag,the ring their bell after you leave it on fire on the doorstep… :smiley:

£90 :open_mouth: that’s a bit bloody steep, no lower rate for paying up early? or is that the reduced rate :cry:

revenge is a dish best served cold :sunglasses:

Juddian:
£90 :open_mouth: that’s a bit bloody steep, no lower rate for paying up early? or is that the reduced rate :cry:

revenge is a dish best served cold :sunglasses:

Their letter said something along the lines of “as you have not responded to our previous letter blah blah blah”. This was the first correspondence I’d received, I can guarantee that. But like you say… revenge is a dish best served cold. :imp:

I’m sure I heard off that Martin Lewis (money saving expert) guy once that you aint legally obliged to pay these parking ‘fines’ as it’s basically an invoice rather than a fine…a bit like me sending you a bill if you parked outside my house.
Don’t take my word for it bud, have a look on his website.

I hear what you are saying Rob and with hindsight maybe I should’ve done that. My reason for paying is that quite simply I was in the wrong. The car park has clear signs warning of consequences of not paying etc and basically I took a gamble which bit me in the bum. The letter (which I should have photographed instead of tearing it up like a petulant child :smiley: ) clearly quoted some landmark legal ruling (probably just to scare me) where some dude refusing to pay was executed or something similar so I just simply paid on line.

I guess my beef is that I know what crap I have to put up with to earn £90 so I felt aggrieved about it. Not to worry though, they have a fleet of Smart cars operating which are often left unattended! :wink:

the maoster:
I hear what you are saying Rob and with hindsight maybe I should’ve done that. My reason for paying is that quite simply I was in the wrong. The car park has clear signs warning of consequences of not paying etc and basically I took a gamble which bit me in the bum. The letter (which I should have photographed instead of tearing it up like a petulant child :smiley: ) clearly quoted some landmark legal ruling (probably just to scare me) where some dude refusing to pay was executed or something similar so I just simply paid on line.

I guess my beef is that I know what crap I have to put up with to earn £90 so I felt aggrieved about it. Not to worry though, they have a fleet of Smart cars operating which are often left unattended! :wink:

I know you’re no fool and I know you’re a streetwise, type of bloke, but only thing I would say is they’ll also have cameras, so I’d say make sure you are protecting yourself from covid by wearing the proper mask :wink: …(with a hoodie pulled down for good measure. :wink: )
Sugar in fuel tank will sweeten them up. :smiley:

robroy:

the maoster:

I know you’re no fool and I know you’re a streetwise, type of bloke, but only thing I would say is they’ll also have cameras, so I’d say make sure you are protecting yourself from covid by wearing the proper mask :wink: …(with a hoodie pulled down for good measure. :wink: )
Sugar in fuel tank will sweeten them up. :smiley:

Brake fluid in a squeezy bottle…

robroy:
I’m sure I heard off that Martin Lewis (money saving expert) guy once that you aint legally obliged to pay these parking ‘fines’ as it’s basically an invoice rather than a fine…a bit like me sending you a bill if you parked outside my house.
Don’t take my word for it bud, have a look on his website.

I think there is (or at least was) a significant difference between parking where the landowner doesn’t want you to park and parking in a Pay & Display spot without paying. In the latter case there is an element of a commercial transaction with Ts & Cs (including penalties for not paying) established and accepted by you parking there (subject to the necessary notices being clearly displayed, yada, yada).

The standard advice certainly used to be that you could safely ignore PARKING Charge Notices (but not official PENALTY Charge Notices), although I think that advice has changed in recent years.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

My advice whilst dishing up revenge is Don’t get caught. Park away from cameras and wear a bin bag or burqua.

alamcculloch:
My advice whilst dishing up revenge is Don’t get caught. Park away from cameras and wear a bin bag or burqua.

Sounds like you’re talking from experience there :blush: :smiley: