"..there's been an accident involving a wagon and...&qu

EVERY DAY, EVERY HALF HOUR, IT’S THE SAME STORY TIME AND TIME AGAIN

I could put Sally Boseman out of work.

Here’s a small made-up extract of one of the half hourly travel bulletins :

"On the A82 north of Dumbarton there’s been an accident involving a car and a WAGON which has resulted in one lane blocked and a contraflow being set-up. There are long delays in both directions.

On the M6 at Carlisle there’s also been an accident there involving a WAGON, the nearside lane is blocked and there are 3 miles of queueing traffic so avoid that area if you can.

Further down the M6 at the Thelwall Viaduct there’s been another accident in the roadworks involving two WAGONS which is causing horrendous queues all the way back to Keele services.

On the A12 in Essex the road has been CLOSED round Colchester due to a WAGON losing its load. The queues in this area are just horrendous, and there’s a knock-on effect onto the A14 and M25. Please avoid this area if you can.

On the M25 clockwise near the M11 junction there’s been a serious accident involving several cars and a WAGON which is causing tail-backs all the way back to the M1…"

Etc.

EVERY FLAMING TIME ISN’T IT :question: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

What’s behind it all ? Wagon drivers getting their revenge and plainly refusing to brake when a car pulls into a non-existant gap in front of them for that exit ramp and simply shunting them off the road or just plain simple inexperienced drivers who can’t read the road :question: :imp:

Hell, I’ve had some close shaves on the roads in my driving career but I’ve never hit another vehicle. I value my so-far accident free record too much, the boss’s tackle and also it looking good on my “accident history” file. I will admit to having used the size of my wagon to “move” other motorists out of my way in such instances where you pull out to overtake them on numerous occasions and they speed up but eventually you draw level but they sit alongside you, so a tactful left indication and gentle left-drifting of the wagon usually resloves the situation but only in extreme situations and I would never dream of deliverately making contact.

Some car, van and WAGON drivers deserve to be driven into deliberately because of the way they drive and act on the roads but hell fire, the roads aren’t part of Demolition Derby (as fun as it would be when cars get under your feet :smiling_imp: ).

Where did it all go wrong :question: :confused: :angry:

the main problem is when a wagon has an accident it usually causes more damage and roads are more likely to be partially blocked so causing more traffic jams, 2 cars coming into contact can usually exchange details and they are gone so no hold ups…Also the number of foreign drivers having nearside accidents is colossal and results in more hold ups

alkida (spellings out me thinks) must be :laughing:

f I hardly think these driversjust woke up one morning and thought to themselves “I know! I’ll go have an accident and cause tailbacks to annoy everyone else!”

Theres more traffic on the roads now than ever before. Sheer numbers dictate a similar increase in accidents.

What’s behind it all ? Wagon drivers getting their revenge and plainly refusing to brake when a car pulls into a non-existant gap in front of them for that exit ramp and simply shunting them off the road… ?

Don’t I just wish… ! Especially when theres no traffic immediately behind you. What does “safe breaking distance” mean ? My other favourite is on approaches to roundabouts, the cretins that change from the outside lane to your inside lane, at the last possible moment, and brake hard. Or, your on the inside lane of a roundabout junction proceeding over the roundabout and the moron on the outside lane wants to turn left - right across the front of you !

“I hardly think these drivers just woke up one morning and thought to themselves ‘I know! I’ll go have an accident and cause tailbacks to annoy everyone else!’”

They probably did think that but all of them disengage their brains once they get into their cars so they wouldn’t remember thinking it in the first place !