There you have it folks, the new IVECO Stralis

Interior looks quite nice if I don’t mind saying so myself, looks a bit proper inside now compared to their older interiors. :slight_smile:

The only thing I ever found wrong with the current Stralis is its quality of some materials used in its build. If this has been improved, I have no doubt this truck will be a top seller. Looks the part.

I hope they have sorted out the midlift and traction issues.

jessicas dad:
I hope they have sorted out the midlift and traction issues.

Could never understand why a mid lift was an optional extra with the Stralis. Obviously it is a cost thing, but it could sometimes catch you out in a dangerous way if you weren’t careful. Even going up hills while accelerating, it would easily loose traction in 11th gear. That said, it’s still one of my favourite trucks.

Multi Media System looks just like the one from the Audi/VW car range, if os its a good system. nice looking truck as well, wonder how much of that is optional extra’s??

Madguy :smiling_imp:

On the interior shot, the windscreen looks seriously raked - yet on the external shot it’s not. Is it just my eyes?

plannerman:
On the interior shot, the windscreen looks seriously raked - yet on the external shot it’s not. Is it just my eyes?

Yeah I see what you mean. These are most likely computer renders. The actual side of the Stralis hasn’t changed so I guess the windscreen angle hasn’t either, probably just an error in the digital processesing.

plannerman:

If you look closer at the eternal shot then there is a rake to the windscreen…

the buttons on the dash seem to be from a man

Hate to hear myself say this but looks pretty good for an iveco

sea frog:
the buttons on the dash seem to be from a man

Even the steering wheel buttons don’t look dissimilar…

Heres a video to watch.

stralis.iveco.com/

My Stralis has grown on me, new one is defo improvement and as our firm is switching from a daf to iveco fleet can’t wait to see a new t/unit on fleet. Hope the wind deflector has been re designed too as when it’s windy u lose n/s mirrors!! could do with a bit more movement in the drivers seat to for my long legs. :slight_smile:

Longman5978:
My Stralis has grown on me, new one is defo improvement and as our firm is switching from a daf to iveco fleet can’t wait to see a new t/unit on fleet. Hope the wind deflector has been re designed too as when it’s windy u lose n/s mirrors!! could do with a bit more movement in the drivers seat to for my long legs. :slight_smile:

Get an elastic bungee cord and hook it round the metal frame of the deflector and the grab rail. Works perfectly, but just remember to remove it when you tilt the cab or you’ll snap the cord.

I have and I do, very particular like that all my suzies up out the way too. Right ball ache when u have to tilt the cab to top up oil releasing all the bungees!! Lol, that’s something else I hope they’ve sorted too, an oil top up point under the bonnet!!

Longman.

i wonder if the porous liner issue is solved , along with the electrics and dash falling to bits :confused:

looking at the pic of the interior, it looks like the steering wheel is a little close to the seat. I can see that causing a few problems for drivers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah like crushing you to death in the event of a crash if you’re 5feet+ tall…!? It looks ugly just like the current Stralis, the best ones were the last of the previous model built (07-57reg) & besides no employer would buy you a top of the range one like in the video-they’re all too tight to spend…!

The steering wheel control buttons are exactly the same as the current model.
Still stand by my thoughts that it’s still a brilliant truck, whatever people say!

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?kwinia

plannerman:

Interior shot exaggerates the rake purely for the wide angle fish eye lens used.

Interior looks pretty good, wonder how the bog std lesser fleet models will compare inside and out tho ■■?

Hope it is a 100% more durable than previous models as well !!