There is an argument for Sharia law

This happened close to home. River was so friendly, he and his mates were in our garden strutting around some time ago.

What has Sharia law got to do with us needing to have tougher and swifter penalties for scum like this? And for Police to take it as seriously as animal owners feel it when they do this?

I find things like this very difficult to read as it happens. I fully understand and support killing animals for food (although this may be an argument for another day) but I cannot for the life of me understand the mindset of those who torture or kill for fun. Torturing animals is only a small step away from doing this to humans.

Because for crimes like this the guilty would suffer the only thing they understand : pain.

why hide the scums face stuff like this makes me bloody angry. They should be named and shamed sod their rights because they are ā€œkidsā€

messaging the daughter and tormenting her with sick messages

i bet nothing is done about it they will just get a ticking off.

To go a step further, any punishment,.even Shariah style punisment would not be enough for pieces of sh like this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=child+killer+whitehaven&oq=child+killer+whitehaven&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTE0NTIxajBqN6gCFLACAQ&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

We donā€™t need Muslim laws, a spot of vigilanteeism would work.
Normally Iā€™m not in favour of vigilantes, but animals donā€™t get the protections many of us would like them to have, and so in cases like thisā€¦

EDIT: look at this, killing 20 animals in a college, Ā£200 fine
FFSā€¦

Iā€™m in no position to cast judgement on your legal system, but I suspect itā€™s not that far removed from ours. We donā€™t need shariah laws, we need the laws we already have to be invoked. Plead guilty and get a substantial percentage discount. Donā€™t play up too much in jail and only serve half the sentence. All to save money on keeping the scum incarcerated.
A murderer (insert any crime here) convicted of multiple murders gets to serve their sentences concurrently, expect to be free in ten to fifteen years.
Donā€™t pay a few parking tickets and serve the sentences accumulatively, no discounts for good behavior or guilty pleas, low fruit. We need some honesty in sentencing.

1 Like

I think the max sentence for animal cruelty (adults) is 5 years in nick.
Discounts fro good behaviour and many are getting out even earlier because no empty places available. At the same (pre-election) time Gov is talking about longer sentences of course.
As you say, the sentences are available, in theory, but are not always used, or if given, are not served.

Before looking at punishments,.we should look at root causes.
What causes kids to inflict cruelty on any animal.
I was brought up as a kid with pets, so Iā€™ve always been an animal lover, my kids were brought up the same way so are the same.

Is it down to the usual answer for the breakdown of society todayā€¦pi55 poor parents and parenting ?
Many kids today are brought up without basic manners let alone being taught about empathy and consideration.

No it is a lack of fear for the consequences of wrongdoing these days. We abandoned hanging in 1964 and flogging in 1948. The Isle of Man, which kept flogging until 1976 and Hanging (in theory) until 1993, still has the lowest crime rate in the UK.

There have been studies that the level of punishment isnā€™t much of a deterrent to crime, but it is the chances of getting caught that has a greater effect.

Studies tend to reflect the views of the person conducting the study. I donā€™t need a teenager with an ology to tell me that the most effective deterrent is the threat of physical pain. If that wasnā€™t the case then farmers would tackle wandering livestock by means of a stern talking to as opposed to electric fences.

And bad studies that are biased are shown as such.
I wasnā€™t talking about ā€œstudiesā€ by struck off doctors financed by the tobacco industry that that smoking is good for you.

Often politicians who want to save money on policing, but the facts donā€™t support dropping police numbers and increasing penalties.

Actually maybe you should ask your mate? He thinks that there were safer roads when the coppers were more numerous and visible.
Yā€™know actually lower penalties but a greater chance of getting caught?

I take it then that there hasnā€™t been a rise in classroom violence since the 1950s and '60s when those of us who were there at the time knew exactly what would happenā€¦ and it wouldnā€™t be ā€œplease donā€™t do thatā€.

I canā€™t find a link to the local news report about a rise in violence in Sussex but this will do:-

In 2007 a survey of 6,000 teachers by the teachersā€™ trade union NASUWT found that over 16% claimed to have been physically assaulted by students in the previous two years.[3
And According to the latest survey of more than 1,500 teachers from 2014 on pupil behaviour by the Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL), more than half of teachers in state schools have faced aggression
So it seems there has been an increase in school aggression lately, yes.
But note that it was much lower in 2007 when there was also no corporal punishment.

Personally I could not gaf what ā€˜surveys, pollsā€™ or anybody else says.
What I do know is that when I was at school there was not the anarchy (with a small ā€˜aā€™ btw Frangersā€¦no pearls used) there is now in schools.
Misbehaviour ? Yes.

Pupils ruling the classrom as opposed to the teacher? No

Violence towards teachers? No.

Stabbings?..:flushed:
Absolutely not.

If we even dared to start such disruption we would have got a stick across our hand as many times as fitted the crine.
A worse ā€˜crimeā€™ across the cheeks of your arseā€¦up to about 6.

Was the threat of certain corporal punishment a deterent amongst us ?
Absolutely.

Was it just a coincidence the link between behaviour/punishment thing?
No.

Compare that regime with todsys mamby pamby so called ā€˜punismentsā€™.

Hows that for a ā€˜surveyā€™ ?
:roll_eyes:

Bte cue Caryfast with his usual memoirs at Auschwitz High School.

Youā€™ll be telling us that the Teddy Boys were all saints, the Modsā€™n Rockers were really all dancers and singers in a musical, and that school teachers never bullied kids.

Not really Frangers.
What I will tell you (as per normal) is what I SEE, HEAR, and EXPERIENCEā€¦ MYSELF.

Not what I read on some link or survey or another, that is usually linked to an intended bias or hidden agenda anyway, or what I am told to think by officialdom.
But hey,.weā€™ve been here before mateā€¦innit.:smiley:

Btw talking about merchandiseā€¦
Hereā€™s summet for you to wear when you are trawling the net for links .and reading your surveysā€¦ and especially the Labour manifesto. :joy: