There is always one

Did anyone see the BBC1 show today at 09.00 titled " Tomorrows food ", it was on about a seaweed pill to stop truckers getting too fat on too many fry ups ?
I could not help noticing the driver with the worse set of knashers , worse than Princess Anne`s horses teeth , and not seen a dentist since 1970 , but he had to wear his stupid hi~vis full length jacket while eating his fry up , four weeks later , yes , he had it on again , the other drivers with no hi~vis , while eating in the cafe with this Muppet .

Do we ever see drivers wearing boiler suits and flat caps (without hi-viz) eating fry ups in cafes anymore? I’d love to think there’s a least a handful faithful to the old order.

ezydriver:
Do we ever see drivers wearing boiler suits and flat caps (without hi-viz) eating fry ups in cafes anymore? I’d love to think there’s a least a handful faithful to the old order.

^^^^^^^
you forgot to add the bit about the big leather belt on the outside of the aforementioned boiler suit. :wink:

toby1234abc:
Did anyone see the BBC1 show today at 09.00 titled " Tomorrows food ", it was on about a seaweed pill to stop truckers getting too fat on too many fry ups ?
I could not help noticing the driver with the worse set of knashers , worse than Princess Anne`s horses teeth , and not seen a dentist since 1970 , but he had to wear his stupid hi~vis full length jacket while eating his fry up , four weeks later , yes , he had it on again , the other drivers with no hi~vis , while eating in the cafe with this Muppet .

How clean was it, you can tell that by if they sleep in it and never wash themselves

His hi~vis jacket looked brand new , not one drop of engine oil or axle grease on it . :smiley: I expect Dieseldog will remember the true Euro driver uniform of cow fur covered clogs , a five foot long metal chain with a wallet , inside the wallet was five weeks running money , for the days of no banks cards and mobile phones .
Not forgetting the mullet hairstyle , and lanyards hanging in the cab for ex roadies on the concert rock and roll circuit , showing off their back stage passes . Similar to horse boxes today with their winning ribbons and medals in their cabs .

toby1234abc:
His hi~vis jacket looked brand new , not one drop of engine oil or axle grease on it . :smiley: I expect Dieseldog will remember the true Euro driver uniform of cow fur covered clogs , a five foot long metal chain with a wallet , inside the wallet was five weeks running money , for the days of no banks cards and mobile phones .
Not forgetting the mullet hairstyle , and lanyards hanging in the cab for ex roadies on the concert rock and roll circuit , showing off their back stage passes . Similar to horse boxes today with their winning ribbons and medals in their cabs .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
inside the wallet was a few quid in a few different currencies so you could plead poverty when haggling about the size of fine,or backhander you were going to lose with the rest of it tucked away hidden in the cab.
i was never a cloggy,nor the wallet and chain,but i did at one point have a les routier sleeping bag… :open_mouth:

Dont forget the orange or blue, polyester bodywarmer… :grimacing:

The Dutch drivers used to have full size coffee machines or percolators in the middle of the windscreen , back then , it was not frowned upon , German drivers wore full length dungarees like a type cast from The Waltons . Turkish drivers used to wear cheap polyester suits and business mans shoes while driving , not sure why ?

The typical Spanish driver drove a Pegaso , smoked big cigars and did coffee stops every hour , as for the money wallets , the chain was attached to the belt loop on the trousers , a slight pull of the chain, then all the running money was gone .