There is a Sunday to Saturday and

…there is a Monday to Sunday week basis. All the years I have worked,driving on UK domestic rules,and retail,Sunday has always been deemed as the first day of the week. Not according to digicard. Digicard operates on a Monday to Sunday basis. I am new to using tacho,over 3 months now,and I have been caught out on this. Just to give new drivers a heads up on it.

EU regulations clearly show that a week is defined as 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday.

I’m pretty sure all new drivers would be made aware of the definition of a week when studying for the initial DCPC.

But still a reminder never hurt anyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah right. With so much CPC tuition information,the EU Regs week can get swamped,so yes,always to good to bring it to the surface

Does a new work week not start after a 45 hour rest period.

That’s the way I always look at it. 45hrs and your good to go for another 6 possible shifts.

Nope…at least certainly not always. Not if you are driving rather than waiting around.

90 hrs driving in a fortnight for a start. If you do 4x9 and 2x10 in a 6 day week then the whole of the following week you only have 34hrs driving left. Knock that off in 3’n’alf days.

OK not many max their driving hrs on UK work but it can happen on longer runs.

A new working week can start after 24 hours rest but it’s still important to understand when the fixed week starts and finishes.

franglais has mentioned the 90 hours fortnightly driving and hinted at the two 10 hour drive shifts in a fixed week, then there’s the 56 hour max driving in a fixed week and the weekly rest periods which have to count for a fixed week and the 60 hour max week for the RT(WT)R.

The concept of the fixed week comes into play regarding a few rules as follows (not necessarily limited to):

• Your two 10 hour extended drives
  • The 56 hour maximum drive
  • The two-weekly 90 hour drive
  • Weekly rest rules
  • Regarding working time, the maximum 60 hour week and the average 48 hour week

Any more anyone?