Theory Test Speed Limits

Hi folks. Utterly confused. Noticed on the .gov website that lgv speed limits are different in Scotland than what they are in England and Wales. All my study material uses England and Wales limits. Not sure what to do if asked in my test? Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. gov.uk/speed-limits

By telling the correct speed limits… Everyone in the business should know this by now. If they don’t they shouldn’t be driving.

Not in the business yet nick. That’s why I’m trying to learn.

Ask the officials at the theory test centre as to which speed limits the test is using

ROG:
Ask the officials at the theory test centre as to which speed limits the test is using

Good shout.

I did theory and hazard perception shortly after the new speed rules came into effect, the questions on the test were clear and concise so I would ask before taking the test but also learn and be prepared to answer questions on both as I can foresee questions such as “What is the maximum permitted speed on a single carriageway in Scotland?” or similar being asked.
The test is quite an easy one… … … if you do the study.
Good luck!

Thanks micky

This is a good example of why the current chaos shouldn’t be allowed to last too long.

I did the Stranraer ferry run last week and it is quite painful doing 40 on the long straight wide parts, particularly now I’m used to going up to 50 when the conditions are safe in England. At least they have taken out the really awful bends and the bridge now!

th2013:
This is a good example of why the current chaos shouldn’t be allowed to last too long.

I did the Stranraer ferry run last week and it is quite painful doing 40 on the long straight wide parts, particularly now I’m used to going up to 50 when the conditions are safe in England. At least they have taken out the really awful bends and the bridge now!

Yeah agree. They
need to just leave things as they are.

While this isn’t the correct answer! :wink:

Out of the 100 questions you will face, you shouldn’t really be worrying about failing probably only one question! If you revise properly, you should be aiming for a high 90’s score!

Best of luck!

Evil8Beezle:
While this isn’t the correct answer! :wink:

Out of the 100 questions you will face, you shouldn’t really be worrying about failing probably only one question! If you revise properly, you should be aiming for a high 90’s score!

Best of luck!

Thanks bud