Theory test question

Hi, I’ve just started revising for the theory test, I got my car licence 30 years ago so this is all new to me.

I’ve got the official DSA theory test for large vehicles book, which covers buses as well as trucks. Do I need to learn all the bus stuff as well, or are there separate theory tests for trucks? No desire to drive a bus, so I’d prefer to skip that bit if I can (there’s enough to learn as it is!)

No, you can ignore the bus specific ones.

i did’nt bother revising any bus theory, just concentrated on the lgv section & dont worry, its not as hard as you think it maybe aslong as you devote time to revise it, i just used the theory/hazard cds for the computer!!!

DynoDad:
I got my car licence 30 years ago so this is all new to me.

No initial driver cpc moodules 2 and 4 for you because you already have a LGV C1 on your licence but you will need to complete 35 hours of dcpc periodic training before 09/09/2014 if you want to drive LGVs commercially after that date

Some LGV schools have the practical LGV training approved for dcpc hours so its worth asking that question before deciding who to go with

Being that you passed 30 years ago so don’t technically drive to today’s standards and you yourself admitting that theory is new to you the only thing I will say to you is Think Bike, rest is common sense which over your 30 year period you will have subconsciously learned along the way, don’t worry about it cause if you do your just stressing for no reason and that’ll make you doubt yourself.

Thanks Sqwidge, thinking bike isn’t a problem, been a biker for 16 years. Done some mock tests, got on ok with the theory but I obviously need to read the truck-specific stuff such as working hours, weights and so on. Hazard Perception … there must be a knack to it, haven’t got it yet but practice makes perfect (or at least ‘acceptable’)