Theory test practice

Just wondering if anyone has any links to free practice or reading for the theory tests, I’ve seen a few bits on t’internet but they all seem to need FLASH player to work, which my crapple Ipad doesn’t do. Any one have any other suggestions… Freebies or cheap would be good as I’m struggling to scrape the funds for all this as it is.
Cheers you good good people. :smiley:

There is an app for the iPad.
LGV Theory and Hazard perception.

I have the DVSA Hazard Perception DVD-rom(2014/15) and DVSA Theory Test book(2013),£20 posted

M1CK C:
There is an app for the iPad.
LGV Theory and Hazard perception.

I’ve been using this one too about 6.99 on App Store. Really good.

I’m also using the £6.99 app.

After coach mode where you do every possible question until you get it correct, I’m yet to fail a mock test :slight_smile:

On the basis that you can’t take a driving test until you pass the theory tests is it worth messing around trying to save a pound or 2.

drivingtheory4all.co.uk is the industry standard nowadays. The multiple choice questions work on both a computer, tablet and smartphone.

Many trainers include this as part of the course anyway so while there are alternatives, it’s not worth taking 2nd best and perhaps failing which results in more expense for retest fees.

As this is only the start of a long journey I strongly suggest getting it over with.

try amazon…The Complete LGV and PCV Theory and Hazard Perception Tests 2013/14 Edition (PC)…
worth every penny…it has the theory book you read on screen and the hazard perception test with lots of different practice scenes and monitors your progress so you have a good idea when your ready to go for your tests… I passed my theory and hazard perception 1st time… 100% in the multi choice questions and the only points I dropped on the hazard perception was cause I never clicked when a dog run out which stems from my first ever driving lesson for cars in 1989… I was tod by my instructor never to break for a animal cause you put yourself passengers and other road users at risk…even the bloke in the dsa theory center couldn’t argue… dvla/dsa need to sort that clip out cause if I was driving my truck I would never hit my breaks for a animal…too cooking dangerous !!

Try the library too, profesional lgv drivers handbook, and others.

hazard test going to computer genrated scenes , much more forgiving i think, should be easier .

TROTSKY3:
hazard test going to computer genrated scenes , much more forgiving i think, should be easier .

Try doing the test…there are quite a few drivers with lots of experience that have tripped up on the hazard perception test…it’s a stupid test but no new drivers can get passed first base without passing it, like I say, I was lucky enough to pass first time but still dropped points for not clicking for a dog,DSA need to address that clip cause breaking for a animal is very dangerous…I have a friend who lost his spleen and haves to take medicine the rest of his life for a badger !

dobermann1:

TROTSKY3:

Try doing the test…there are quite a few drivers with lots of experience that have tripped up on the hazard perception test…it’s a stupid test but no new drivers can get passed first base without passing it, like I say, I was lucky enough to pass first time but still dropped points for not clicking for a dog,DSA need to address that clip cause breaking for a animal is very dangerous…I have a friend who lost his spleen and haves to take medicine the rest of his life for a badger !

theory 98% passed
hazard 87% passed ( should of been 92% )
class 2 “C” passed
35hours CPC complete

a dog in the road is a hazzard you should of clicked, the click is not a brake, you click to acknowledge you have spotted the hazard, and you didnt, for all i care you can mow the mutt down. as long as you seen it, if you didnt see it and mowed it down then you wouldnt know what you hit, and would have to get out to look which would be really inconvenient.
CGI is easier in my opinion.
what kind of dog was it ?

maybe there was a dwarf taking a Rottweiler for a walk, you would never of seen the dwarf, you could of killed them both.

TROTSKY3:
maybe there was a dwarf taking a Rottweiler for a walk, you would never of seen the dwarf, you could of killed them both.

could have been a dwarf there but he never run in the road, just the dog on its own…it was just a drivers reaction to the situation, I don’t break for animals, even if they run the test again I probably wouldn’t click for a animal out of reaction…do it with 15ton of steel rods on a flat back and your going to be in a world of shticky brown stuff

dobermann1:

TROTSKY3:

could have been a dwarf there but he never run in the road, just the dog on its own…it was just a drivers reaction to the situation, I don’t break for animals, even if they run the test again I probably wouldn’t click for a animal out of reaction…do it with 15ton of steel rods on a flat back and your going to be in a world of shticky brown stuff

…the dog was a jack russel…if it was in real life it would have been a flat russel…
100% on my questions
92% on the hazard, should have been 97% if not for the dam dog lol
and cat c passed…
a mug can do the cpc …its like the above hazard perception, a money spinner £300 a pop times 200,000 drivers ‘‘at least’’ = 60000000

Driving theory 4 all .co.uk is the best website to practice test on. I did my theory & also initial CPC through the site and passed 1st time. it costs £18 for 60days which is ok as you are less likely to do a retest.

dobermann1:
…the only points I dropped on the hazard perception was cause I never clicked when a dog run out which stems from my first ever driving lesson for cars in 1989… I was tod by my instructor never to break for a animal cause you put yourself passengers and other road users at risk…even the bloke in the dsa theory center couldn’t argue… dvla/dsa need to sort that clip out cause if I was driving my truck I would never hit my breaks for a animal…too cooking dangerous !!

Think you missed the point with the dog - it was to identify a hazard, which it was. What you do as an action with an animal in front of you in real life is your choice but it’s still an identifiable hazard either way

I have a jack Russell and she is definitely no hazard, not even to next doors cat, or the pigeons in the garden, but I’d prefer that you didn’t squash her please.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Wavestarved:
I have a jack Russell and she is definitely no hazard, not even to next doors cat, or the pigeons in the garden, but I’d prefer that you didn’t squash her please.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Think people are missing from the point, no one loves dogs more than myself but if one runs out or any other animal would you endanger other road users, passengers or yourself for a animal, if your driving a hgv the hazards of hitting your breaks hard are greatly increased over a car, loads shift, you can easily loose control and people generally die when hgvs are in accidents, that said you assess each situation as a driver with reaction, I have stopped for animals when at lower speeds and no one was at risk but over my 26 years driving cars and vans I have hit rabbits, a badger, a cat and pigions when they have run or flew straight out, yes I felt guilty but I got home in one piece and so did on coming traffic… I will try not to squish your doggy but please keep it on a leash near busy roads x

Always mate. Though to be fair, she’s pretty good if I don’t, she just runs alongside my bike quite happily (on the footpath).