Theory Test passed

Hi all,just to let you know I passed the theorytest today,scored 33 and 59 I found the hazard perception very hard but,with more luck than judgement and a big thanks to Vince passed and as the instructor said this afternoon’’ you only have to go through it the once’'I start my ridgid course on the 10th Dec and test on 17th,regards Jamie.

Well done Jamie, on passing your Theory test mate…
And Good Luck to you on the 17th mate, Got me fingers crossed for ya… Go for it!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well done jamie

all you got to do now is blitz that driving :smiley:

jon

Nice one Jamie, good luck with the next stage.

Congrat’s on the theory test pass, Jamie.

Good luck for the DRIVING!!! :wink:

Well done Jamie.

A couple of bits of advice for the practical side, if I may. I`m sure others will add to this.

You will be aware on your lessons that you are holding up traffic, Car drivers behind you may become impatient. Do not let this “faze” you into driving faster than you feel is the right speed.

Do not worry if, after the first day, you feel that you did not do too well. This is fairly normal. Air brakes in particular take a while to get used to, but you will find your head spinning with all the new information you are having to take in. Same for everybody matey.

On test day, be clean, presentable in appearance and be polite. To my mind, it`s an interview as much as anything. I did enough to fail but I passed, largely, I think, because I tried to come across as sensible.

Do not EVER refer to your examiner as “mate”. Hes not your mate, and hes not a trucker. Hes a self-important civil servant. Call him "Sir" (they like that) or dont call him anything at all. Oh, and don`t worry if you are nervous on test day- everyone is. The moment the test proper starts, your nerves will disappear as the adrenalines kick in.

Ask as many questions on here as you want.

Keep us informed all the way- good luck.

Vince

Thanks to all,kind words,thanks Vince any advice on the driving test very much appreciated,regards Jamie.

Advice:
Take it easy, and concentrate on giving the examiner a comfortable rid. An examiner who isn’t shaken up by bouncing around will be a nicer examiner.
Take your exercises in the test centre (reversing and controlled stop) nice and easy. At my local centre they are done before getting out on the road, and it’s an opportunity to get nerves sorted before you get out with the other traffic.
DO NOT BE AFRAID to hold people up. You HAVE to drive right to pass. If people behind you are upset by you taking your time, then stuff them, they’re not on a test.
Don’t try and rush the gearbox or any roundabouts. Be polite, and try and let people out in front of you if it is sensible to do so, but don’t flash them out.

and above all:

Don’t panic!