Theory test help

Just got my theory test pc cd today, and im failing on all the questions relating to hgv such as the breaking system axles dif lock, basicly everything, are there any books you could recomend? Does any of this get taught on the courses?

Have you read this http://www.ribblevalleyhgv.com/sitedocs/Driving_Goods_Vehicles_DSA.pdf

We do a day in the classroom before theory tests. There are books, cd’s etc - but you cant ask them questions and make sure you really understand what it’s all about.

As far as I am concerned, the theory is as important as the practical. In both cases, it’s not a matter of learning enough to pass the test, it’s about learning the job.

We have classes running in Mansfield every 2 or 3 weeks.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi im at the same stage as you, I have just downloaded an app called LGV Theory test from the Google play store, there is a free version thats got a small amount of information on it or you can download the full version for £3.00 I think it was, on the full version its got the highway code, mock theory test and a practise theory part, its got everything that the books have and more, and you can pick the parts that you want to learn over and over, I have found this a great app, and vecause its on my samsung tab it links to my phone so able to use it when on breaks at work while the rest are on there Facebook lol

Cheers Paul

I used app mentioned and got 94% in my theory and I’m an idiot. Can’t remember exact name of it but it was brilliant and worth the 3 or 4 quid most definitely.

Good luck!

The Driving Theory 4 all website is excellent, everything you need to pass the test.

Most of my trainees have used this and all have passed.

IMO there’s no point paying a trainer when there is suitable revision material out there.

Paul :smiley:

I bought the DSA’s LGV driving book.
Read it cover to cover.
Also had the app and did a mock test whenever I had 20 minutes spare.
Started off getting around 80%. Passed my theory with 96%.

elmet training:
The Driving Theory 4 all website is excellent, everything you need to pass the test.

Most of my trainees have used this and all have passed.

IMO there’s no point paying a trainer when there is suitable revision material out there.

Paul :smiley:

I’ll second that site Paul, very good I got 98/100 and I owe it to that site