Theory & HPT passed

Well both passed although the perfectionist in me would have liked a better score on the Theory. 95/100 for Theory and 78/100 for HPT.

I can genuinely say I got hit with a couple of q’s I’d never seen before and yet my disc tells me I have seen every question of the ‘Complete LGV/HGV Theory Test’ disc.

Can’t remember exactly but one which threw me was - You are driving a vehicle licensed (or authorised not sure now) to carry dangerous goods. Which one must you have with you?

Forgotten one answer but it was a silly item so obviously not in the running, the other three were; cargo net, wheel chock and tool kit. I chose tool kit but actually I think it might be wheel chock but still cannot really see why.

Frustrating that you don’t get to see which questions you got wrong.

The HPT was easier than anticipated as you get to see the clips full screen so slightly easier to see stuff from further away and easier to maintain interest in the clips at that level.

I have the cpc mod 2 this afternoon.

Confirmed and paid up for my C training week at the end of the month with EP Training.

Anyway, setting off again shortly for mod 2!! :smiley:

Congratulations and keep up the good work. 95/100 is a comfortable pass so don’t let it worry you a bit.

Keep us posted.

Congrats Missus! If you did that good on the theory, you’ll walk the case studies :smiley:

Yep, mod 2 passed now too, all systems go for practical training starting on the 27th.

The mod 2 was more relaxed than the other two however they’re were some things I just didn’t know. TIR stuff and some double manning questions. Not sure if I have learnt the answers and forgotten or haven’t covered it yet. Still it tells me which bits to keep progressing with for now! Roll on 27 th, can’t wait for the fun part to begin! :smiley:

Thanks for the congrats chaps. I’m a happy lady this evening!

Well done Missus, now nail that test :smiley:

Well done on the passes and good luck with your practical. I’m booked in for my practical training and test on w/c 17th February so I’ve still got a wait. Can’t come soon enough for me. :smiley:

TheMissus:
You are driving a vehicle licensed (or authorised not sure now) to carry dangerous goods. Which one must you have with you?

Forgotten one answer but it was a silly item so obviously not in the running, the other three were; cargo net, wheel chock and tool kit. I chose tool kit but actually I think it might be wheel chock but still cannot really see why.

I got hit with that question too… Think I ended up going for wheel chock, just because the other ones seemed totally irrelevant. Though I might have went for toolkit.

Must be a new question :unamused:

Way to blaze a trail, gal!! Good scores too - I got 97 & 73. A pass is a pass any which ways!

I remember thinking the same on that question, but its discreetly tucked away somewhere in one of the dsa books - chocks was the correct response but I guessed wrong! cest la vie!

Keep that momentum rolling - I can smell success from here!

TheMissus:
Well both passed although the perfectionist in me would have liked a better score on the Theory. 95/100 for Theory and 78/100 for HPT.

I can genuinely say I got hit with a couple of q’s I’d never seen before and yet my disc tells me I have seen every question of the ‘Complete LGV/HGV Theory Test’ disc.

Can’t remember exactly but one which threw me was - You are driving a vehicle licensed (or authorised not sure now) to carry dangerous goods. Which one must you have with you?

Hi TheMissus,

Once you mention dangerous goods… :wink:

When a vehicle carries dangerous goods in packages a set of Regs called “ADR” has to be obeyed.
ADR sets ‘freeby’ limits (AKA threshold amounts) which depend on the degree of danger presented by the particular dangerous goods being carried.

Once the ‘freeby’ (threshold amount) has been exceeded, a wheelchock is a mandatory piece of equipment that must be carried on board a vehicle.

Once the ‘freeby’ (threshold amount) has been exceeded, the rest of the mandatory vehicle equipment is:

• 2 X self-standing warning signs
  • 2 X fire extinguishers
  • 2 X orange reflective plates. (One to be displayed on the front and one on the rear.)
  • Eye wash (depends on which Class of dangerous goods)
  • 1X Wheelchock as already mentioned (when on a UK journey)

:bulb: For the purists… I’ve only covered vehicle equipment requirements, cos that’s what the question refers to. :wink:

Thanks ■■■■■■■.

Cheers Dave, I looked it up as soon as I got home. I’m still not sure why it’s needed, let’s assume you’re carrying something explosive, how useful can a wheel chock be!? All the rest of the stuff makes perfect sense but I’m struggling to find a scenario for the chock.

Well done on the pass feel good

TheMissus:
Thanks ■■■■■■■.

Cheers Dave, I looked it up as soon as I got home. I’m still not sure why it’s needed, let’s assume you’re carrying something explosive, how useful can a wheel chock be!? All the rest of the stuff makes perfect sense but I’m struggling to find a scenario for the chock.

Hi TheMissus,

My best tip here is that ours is not to reason why. :smiley:

Let’s just say that it’s a legal requirement.

(Now for the really boring legal bit…)
<Puts on dangerous goods transport consultant’s hat>
ADR 1.1.3.6.2 (paraphrased) if the vehicle load limits are exceeded, ADR then applies in full and ADR 8.1.5.2 requires a wheelchock to be carried on board the vehicle.
UK dangerous goods law (CDG and ADTP) modifies this to a single wheelchock for a UK journey.

My guess is that it’s an old requirement from national legislation in the original ADR member countries because a lot of those countries are very hilly, and vehicle LGV handbrakes weren’t always as good as they are now, but that’s a guess.

Anyway, I’m sticking with “it’s the law.” :grimacing: :smiley:

…and I almost forgot this…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your theory tests :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

And finally, I’d like to wish you the very best of luck for your training and LGV test. :smiley:

Thanks animal and dieseldave. It does feel great, that’s the hard bit I reckon so hopefully next week will go well. Fingers crossed!

Passed both of mine this morning with 97% theory & 86% HPT, well pleased. :smiley:
Definitely some new questions in there though including the aforementioned chocks one.

Congrats on the passes! Good luck with the next step!

TheMissus:
Congrats on the passes! Good luck with the next step!

Thanks, good luck with the practical tomorrow.