Theory, hazard perception and CPC module 2 booked

Got my licence entitlement added on Fri, just booked my theory, hazard perception and CPC mod 2 booked. Theory and CPC on same day too. Fingers crossed should pass 1st time :sunglasses:

after waiting so long you will be pleased to be moving on, plenty practice will make hazard & theory easy , do you have the discs etc to practice ? CPC so good to get out the way, 5 whole days :neutral_face:

I didnt know that you can also book cpc mod 2 at the same time? Is the test sat where you take your theory and hazard? How to book it? Sorry for silly question but believe me or not never had a driving test here in England as I passed my cat B overseas :slight_smile:

if youve got your photo licence back with cat β€œC” provision on it no prob, you need to have your licence with you at CPC on the table, for everyday you attend, you will also need to produce it for Hazard and Theory test centre, you can send off for DIGI CARD anytime, download and print form D777B for DIGI CARD and then fill in and post with a cheque or postal order to cover the fee Β£38 i think, it took mine two weeks to arrive, so work out when you may need it, im assuming you have a photo driving licence, library can print it for a few pence.

Blacov89:
I didnt know that you can also book cpc mod 2 at the same time? Is the test sat where you take your theory and hazard? How to book it? Sorry for silly question but believe me or not never had a driving test here in England as I passed my cat B overseas :slight_smile:

Yes. The cpc module 2 is the theory part of cpc. As I only have to do module 2 and 4.

i do 1 and 3, maybe you should find out more first.

Theory modules
1a theory
1b HPT
2 initial driver cpc theory
Can all be booked at the same theory test centre on the same day

Ok so to sum it all up, theory and hazard are counted for a whole module 1, module 2 is then the CPC theory right? So module 3 must be the driving part I mean practical test, am I right? And there is the last of the four which is sort of practical part of CPC, like securing load, a bit of driving and general health and safety story. So 1 and 2 can be booked all together and once its passed you can go for practice and pass the test and then you have still module 4 to do?

Module 1 β€” Theory Test β€” Duration 1.5 hours
100 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 85 out of 100
19 hazard perception clips with a pass mark of 67 out of 100
Please note the two elements can be taken separately and in any order.

Module 2 β€” Case Studies β€” Duration 1.5 hours
7 real life scenario case studies with 6-8 questions with a pass mark of 38 out of 50
This module can be undertaken at the same test centres as module 1

Module 3 β€” Practical Test β€” Duration 1.5 hours
Will include an eco-safe driving assessment, this will not contribute to the result of the test but if the examiner feels the assessment showed the candidate was unable to control the vehicle and drive in an eco-safe manner it will be recorded on the test report form and further information on eco-safe driving will be provided at the conclusion of the test.
On road driving time for all rigid category vehicles will increase to a minimum of 1 hour to allow for assessment on a wider variety of roads and traffic conditions
Maximum 15 minor faults to pass
Module 4 β€” Driver CPC Practical Test β€” Duration 0.5 hours
Practical test assessing the candidates knowledge and ability in the following areas.
Loading the vehicle with due regard for safety rules and proper vehicle use.
Ensuring security of the vehicle and its contents
Preventing criminality and trafficking of illegal immigrants
Assessing emergency situations
Preventing physical risk
Carrying out a vehicle safety check
The above is classified into 5 topic areas with a pass mark of 15 out of 20 in each topic area and an overall score 80%

So i got it right above, thanks for a clear explanation. Appreciated.

TROTSKY3:

7 real life scenario case studies with 6-8 questions with a pass mark of 38 out of 50

Will include an eco-safe driving assessment, this will not contribute to the result of the test but if the examiner feels the assessment showed the candidate was unable to control the vehicle and drive in an eco-safe manner it will be recorded on the test report form and further information on eco-safe driving will be provided at the conclusion of the test.
On road driving time for all rigid category veh
icles will increase to a minimum of 1 hour to allow for assessment on a wider variety of roads and traffic conditions
Practical test assessing the candidates knowledge and ability in the following areas.
Preventing physical risk
The above is classified into 5 topic areas with a pass mark of 15 out of 20 in each topic area and an overall score 80%

is there anywhere where you can practice your cpc module 2?

richcfc1:

TROTSKY3:

On road driving time for all rigid category veh
icles will increase to a minimum of 1 hour to allow for assessment on a wider variety of roads and traffic conditions
Preventing physical risk

is there anywhere where you can practice your cpc module 2?

I’ve recently done mine and couldn’t really find any decent material to revise from, a friend of mine recommended a CPC book from amazon but somebody well known on these forums said it was useless, I passed my test, but I personally think it was pure luck and wished I’d bought the book to revise from.

mod 2 link contained within the link in my signature below

im not doing the same modules as you guys, but i got a book from the library THE PROFFESIONAL LGV DRIVERS HANDBOOK 2ND EDITION (a complete guide to the driver cpc)
maybe there are more recent editions i dont know, but i am reading it ,and find it useful, any form of learning helps, as for the case studies, im sure there are examples on the web, but not the whole thing as you would then know all the questions and just study the answers :slight_smile:
i think learning the Theory questions to a good degree, and a bit of logic and common sense, will guarantee a pass.

ROG:

thatll keep us busy , thanks ROG :smiley:

ROG:

Is it just me, but I’ve clicked the link n can’t find the actual mod 2 info?