Theory/ CPC Question

Please could someone help me with a small problem. I passed my theory/hpt/case studies for PCV in 2011. Now I’m booked in for my LGV theory/hpt for 2nd Dec at Salford but i know I need to do a CPC conversion test but try as I might I can’t find a link on the gov.uk site to book the conversion test. I’ve tried ringing the DSA “help” line but got a recording that goes on and on and on… I then tried ringing Pearson (the test providers) and they were as useful as a bloody paper raincoat. Does anyone know how I can go about booking the CPC conversion test? Many thanks for any info :slight_smile:

Rat67:
Please could someone help me with a small problem. I passed my theory/hpt/case studies for PCV in 2011. Now I’m booked in for my LGV theory/hpt for 2nd Dec at Salford but i know I need to do a CPC conversion test but try as I might I can’t find a link on the gov.uk site to book the conversion test. I’ve tried ringing the DSA “help” line but got a recording that goes on and on and on… I then tried ringing Pearson (the test providers) and they were as useful as a bloody paper raincoat. Does anyone know how I can go about booking the CPC conversion test? Many thanks for any info :slight_smile:

fta.co.uk/export/sites/fta/_ … c_0809.pdf - see bottom of page 5

If outside of 2 years then I do not think the conversion is an option because theory tests are only valid for 2 years

Cheers Rog, so even though I already have my DQC for buses, I’ll still need to do the normal case studies for LGV? The only reason I asked is that on the Driving Test Success website they say

If you already hold a Driver CPC for one vehicle category (for example PCV) and you wish to gain the Driver CPC in another category, you will need to take a part two case study conversion test. This will consist of 10 case studies with a total of 50 questions.

and I didn’t want to book the wrong test :slight_smile:

Rat67:
Cheers Rog, so even though I already have my DQC for buses, I’ll still need to do the normal case studies for LGV? The only reason I asked is that on the Driving Test Success website they say

If you already hold a Driver CPC for one vehicle category (for example PCV) and you wish to gain the Driver CPC in another category, you will need to take a part two case study conversion test. This will consist of 10 case studies with a total of 50 questions.

and I didn’t want to book the wrong test :slight_smile:

I doubt the cost is much different between the conversion or the usual mod 2 but if its over 2 years since you passed PCV initial dcpc mod 2 then I am certain you have to book the usual LGV initial dcpc mod 2

No problem Rog, thanks for that :slight_smile: As usual, a quick and helpful answer from TN and bugger all from DSA :smiley: :smiley:

You profile states you are aged 46 so when did you pass the UK car test?

2007 :blush: so no grandfather rights I’m afraid :slight_smile:

Rat67:

Ah - a late starter…

ROG:

Rat67:

Ah - a late starter…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Yeah, and now I can’t stop collecting licences

Just a quick question regarding cpc mod 4.
Fairly confident on passing it, just worried about being asked what I would use to secure loads with.
Any advice welcome.

Thanks

pwllheliwil:
Just a quick question regarding cpc mod 4.
Fairly confident on passing it, just worried about being asked what I would use to secure loads with.
Any advice welcome.

Thanks

The mod 4 sticky and the LGV TRAINING TIPS should have the options listed and show videos

What would YOU secure these loads with … ?
1 - Steel
2 - Shrink wrapped pallets of sugar bags
3 - Cages in a box truck

I would use:-

1. Chain/tensioner
  2. Straps or ropes
  3. Load tensioning bar

Is this correct?

pwllheliwil:
I would use:-

1. Chain/tensioner
  2. Straps or ropes
  3. Load tensioning bar

Is this correct?

1 and 3 ok but number 2 = choose which you would select on a test (which is easiest?)

I think ropes would be the easiest.

pwllheliwil:
I think ropes would be the easiest.

Really !!
Do a dolly knot with a rope and use strength etc to make sure it is tight OR thread a ratchet strap and use the ratchet tensioner?

Deffo the ratchet strap :smiley:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667#p504402

Well, passed theory (98/100) and hpt (74/100) so just got to do the case studies on Friday and can start looking at training for class 2 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You can still do your C training (class 2) even if you fail the case studies. However it is best to get all the theory tests out of way.

Paul :smiley:

To be honest elmet, I did a version of the case studies to get my pcv so not too worried about it :slight_smile: Was more nervous about the bloody hpt but got through it even though it locked me out of the double hazard clip :smiley:

Good luck. Sounds like it will be a doddle for you.

Paul :smiley:

Cheers Paul