Theory certificate?

Hi guys and girls,

Just a couple of questions really, ive just passed the theory parts of my LGV, multiple choice & hazard, CPC part 2 booked. Any idea how long the theory certificate takes to arrive?

Also, is there any kind of revision available online for the CPC part 2 test? I cant seem to find anything!

Any help greatly appreciated! x

Mine came through the post in about a week or just over and driving theroy 4 all does cpc case studie practice

Ahhh okay, thank you, so not to long to wait then. Il have a look at that site for revision, ta. x

Thought you could print them off if you go back onto booking site?

Just had a look, it just shows the tests that are passed, plus the certificate number, but doesn’t allow you to print anything, thought it would be quicker these days than waiting for one by post. x

Passed all 3 of mine on 18th and not seen or heard anything since then.

Ryan

I would recommend Driver CPC - the Official DSA Guide for Professional Goods Vehicle Drivers book. You can get it from WH Smith.

UKmember:
I would recommend Driver CPC - the Official DSA Guide for Professional Goods Vehicle Drivers book. You can get it from WH Smith.

I didn’t find that book much use in all honesty. you can buy CD roms with sample cpc questions on ebay and the following website also have a bunch of questions:

I found that if you had an good knowledge of the theory test questions you’ll have no problem with the case studies

best of luck with it all

Do many ppl do the cpc theory with the driving test theory?

adam277:

Do you mean on the same day? If so I don’t see why not, I did the theory and hazard perception on the same day. I actually forgot about the case studies so had to book them at a later date but would have happily done them back to back

jonnyboat:

adam277:

Do you mean on the same day? If so I don’t see why not, I did the theory and hazard perception on the same day. I actually forgot about the case studies so had to book them at a later date but would have happily done them back to back

Personally I’m not doing the case studies mod 2 until I pass my practical.

You do not physically need the theory certificate to book the practical with a LGV school

adam277:

jonnyboat:

adam277:

Personally I’m not doing the case studies mod 2 until I pass my practical.

From what I recall you won’t be able to complete your practical demonstration training until you’ve passed the module 2 case studies. So with that in mind you’ll have to hire a lorry from a training school if you want to go back and do it which maybe a bit more expensive

Adding to the post above - it can often be the case that if mod 2 is passed then the practical mod 4 can be done during the practical training which brings the cost down greatly

Slightly confused now.

Mod 1 theories. (Not cpc technically, but apart of it.)
Mod 2 Cpc computer bs
Mod 3 (Practical driving test) again apart of cpc but also seperate.
Mod 4 cpc walkaround crap.

As I recall you can do mod 1 and mod 3 to get your hgv licence as you do not need CPC if you are driving as a hobby i.e transporting your own horses.
Once you pass your hgv you can then do mod 2 and mod 4 whenever you want.
It pretty much says this on the DSA website, you just need part 1 and part 3.

Am I wrong?

adam277:
Slightly confused now.

Mod 1 theories. (Not cpc technically, but apart of it.)
Mod 2 Cpc computer bs
Mod 3 (Practical driving test) again apart of cpc but also seperate.
Mod 4 cpc walkaround crap.

As I recall you can do mod 1 and mod 3 to get your hgv licence as you do not need CPC if you are driving as a hobby i.e transporting your own horses.
Once you pass your hgv you can then do mod 2 and mod 4 whenever you want.
It pretty much says this on the DSA website, you just need part 1 and part 3.

Am I wrong?

No,

You’re correct. You only require module 2 and module 4 if you want to drive commercially.

But if you want to gain your Driver CPC which will enable you to drive commercially then you must do the module 2 (case studies at the same place you do the theory & hazard perception) and module 4 (walkaround of truck with practical demonstrations) in that order

So if you choose not to do your module 2 before your practical test you will be unable to ‘tag on’ the module 4 practical demonstration to your the training you have with an instructor.

As a result when you’ve completed your module 2 you will then have to rehire a truck from a training company to take down to the test centre to complete your module 4 which will be more expensive

simply put - do the module 2 before the practical and then you can just do the module 4 when you are having your driving training.

Thanks for the help.

I chose not to do them all on the same day so I wasn’t sitting in the centre for a long period.

But ive done part 1, it says online though that for the practical test (part 3) i’ll need the theory test pass certificate which will be posted. Don’t see why you can’t just present both certificates for the practical, would make things easier than waiting around. x

Ashleigh100:
Don’t see why you can’t just present both certificates for the practical, would make things easier than waiting around. x

over here (n ireland) you can to be fair infact if you turn up for practical at dvla without certificate theyll groan but go and check it out on computer and put you through

When you come to do the practical 9 times out of 10 they won’t even ask to see your theory certificates, but they strongly recommend you have them as they can and occasionally do ask to see them.

Why is it on this thread I’m struggling to concentrate? :open_mouth: