Theory and cpc

Hi

Does anyone know if theory and cpc module 2 for class 2 includes bus questions ? My training material online is littered with bus questions and unsure if it should be or not?

No, should just be truck based. Who is providing it?

Hgvt … I take it I could however get class one questions in my test ?

Saint85:

Yes
Have you checked out the link in my signature below which contains a link to over 1000 free theory questions :question:

Saint85:

For the theory test, I downloaded an app called “HGV Theory test 2023” from the Google app store it was only £15 and is the market leader.

Has a very good function which presents you with asked questions in a random order and records yours answers, only taking a question out of the question pool when you’ve answered it correctly three different times.
When you get an answer wrong, it explains the correct answer. So your learning every wrong answer.

You can jump in and out when ever you want… 5mins here, 10mins there.

Would strongly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Saint85:

Sounds like they have set you up on PCV revision not LGV revision. They are similar but not identical.

Have you paid in full to HGVT for your training? If no, cut ties and look to book direct with a local, well established training firm. They are a broker, there are no ‘national’ training firms as they claim. You should be able to save yourself some money and have a far better experience.

hgvt.co.uk/
OVER 50 LOCATIONS NATIONWIDE.

No training provider with their own vehicles has that many locations
THEY ARE A BROKER who will farm you out to a training school of their choice and you will get less bang for your buck because the broker needs their cut

Thanks all .so basically Hgvt are who the boot camp use for the government funding so it’s there app….

ROG:
https://www.hgvt.co.uk/
OVER 50 LOCATIONS NATIONWIDE.

No training provider with their own vehicles has that many locations
THEY ARE A BROKER who will farm you out to a training school of their choice and you will get less bang for your buck because the broker needs their cut

When I started my training I looked at both (The HGV training company & The LGV training company), not convinced they’re not the same company pretending to be two.
Both are “Brokers” who just subcontract your training to independent local providers.

Because of health issues, I ended up sorting Medical/ Provisional / Therory & Hazard Perception my self for just over £100.

Having done all that myself already I compared quotes from local providers & the Brokers above

Enterprise in Manchester wanted £2800 for 32hrs training/tests.
The Brokers wanted nearly £3500 for only 28hrs training/tests.

As they were subcontracting to local providers anyway, the difference “£700” was clearly their commission.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I did the theory test for lorry (didn’t need the case studies as already had CPC) and I just did online mock tests until I was near enough getting 100% every time (don’t spend any money ffs!). There are some questions that are class 1 specific even if you are not immediately going for that class yes.

Thanks ,is there any material you would recommend for Cpc at all? Struggling to find any theory to read just all seems to be practicing questions

Just buy the book “The Official DVSA Guide to Driving Goods Vehicles” read all the sections, and then keep revising the driver hours periods.

The week before your theory and CPC studies you want to read it again. You should be able to breakdown all the driver hours & rest rules verbatim. The book will help you out when you’re in the job as well. I bought the other books but they’re a waste of money. You just need the one book and you will pass first time on all the questions. :smiley: