Theft from trailer..... parked up in leeds

parked in leeds on thursday night out side norish on newmarket approch, got woken up about 11.30pm to my unit moving…

no wind or trucks pasing so looked in mirrors…at back of trailer i saw 2 people with boxes in there arms and there was at least 1person in trailer…

called plod… they turned up about 5 mins later mc d’s coffee in hand… and by then no one to be seen,

in total the bliters got 8 boxes of lamb joints… and plod could not help at all even had finger prints on the back doors and they still not bothered…

moved vehicle and no sleep that night, whats the point anymore… seriously thinking about giving it all up

why not park in a truck stop or direct at the customer mate
or another thought with the rear of the trailer against a wall or
another truck making entrance to the load difficult, Sorry just a thought
as your load is one that can be disposed of easy as pie and surely your
employer would have paid for a safe parking area.
I know all the planing and preparation goes out of the window when
it ape but we all know that truck theft is rife and they will nick any thing
they can lay their hands on,and the police are not exactly quick off the mark unless you tell them some one is running round with a gun ,and then they turn up mob handed,

brit pete:
why not park in a truck stop or direct at the customer mate
or another thought with the rear of the trailer against a wall or
another truck making entrance to the load difficult, Sorry just a thought
as your load is one that can be disposed of easy as pie and surely your
employer would have paid for a safe parking area.
I know all the planing and preparation goes out of the window when
it ape but we all know that truck theft is rife and they will nick any thing
they can lay their hands on,and the police are not exactly quick off the mark unless you tell them some one is running round with a gun ,and then they turn up mob handed,

i made it hard, i parked in a well lit area, with the doors up against trees and with a padlock on, i was also out side of the customers place…the buildings around there have cctv cameras… so thought it would not be a problem also another of our truck parked there the night before… so how much more could i have done… due to the fact there is no money in this game now due to oversees under cutting rates etc my boss wont have us park in truck stops if we can avoid…

i will be doing it now though … i dont care what he says as this is the final straw…

I drive for a company just up the road from there…

the estate is meant to have 24/7 mobile security patrols…

they must have been in the hut with a mug of tea (AGAIN)

there is not much you can do or much more you could’ve done. your boss won’t pay for safe parking so he has to cover the cost of the theft so long as they don’t touch you in the cab why worry?

mpat… thats a joke lol… i was up all night and saw no security… as u say they must of been in hut…

ok its easy to say dont worry but you hear storys about gassing drivers etc… now i know i was not going to get out its not worth it but its getting worse out there and no one seems to give a toss… to most people we seem to be the scum of the earth… what happened to THE GOOD OLD DAYS i keep hearing about from the older drivers…

i don’t think the good old days ever really existed my dad used to do italy and he slept with a gun under his pillow in case he got attacked during the night, he never did. he threw it of the side of the ferry on his last run. all you can do is your best to look after the load if it gets nicked its your bosses problem for not paying for safe parking. sleep safe mate its very rare the scum bother the driver just never get out to challenge them

happened to me 1 night in shrewsbury, heard the container being tampered with so i turned the igniton on an put my foot on the brake pedal, they soon scatterd !!

I can’t understand the problem? Unless it comes out of your pocket i wouldn’t worry too much!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

poor old you…

what makes me laugh is that if you fell out of your cab you would have landed in one of the most notrious estates in leeds which is halton moor. no joke it is 200 yards away.

the only way i would even contemplte parking on cross green estate is if i was empty definatley not loaded and i bet the coppers told you that as well. a mile away in hunslet you would have been fine.

BAAAAA I HOPE THEY CHOKE ON THEM

jessicas dad:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

poor old you…

what makes me laugh is that if you fell out of your cab you would have landed in one of the most notrious estates in leeds which is halton moor. no joke it is 200 yards away.

the only way i would even contemplte parking on cross green estate is if i was empty definatley not loaded and i bet the coppers told you that as well. a mile away in hunslet you would have been fine.

guess what lol… that is exactly what the plod said… (well not about hunslet)

he said and i quote… you dont know the area well do ya …then went on about the estate…

the thing is that Yes thats the first ever time i had been there and there was plenty of space for a few trucks to park with plenty of lighting…i have parked in worse looking places…so if it is that bad there why not put the odd sign up stating beware truckers… like they are doing on parts of a14 and a1…

Anyone want to buy some mint sauce?

If they were lamb joints then I’m assuming he was pulling a fridge trailer, and everytime you pull into so called secure parking you see fellow drivers looking on praying “please don’t park near me”. I think this was covered in a previous thread the other week about selfish fridge drivers. If secure parking areas offered electic hook-ups for the fridge then we could all get a decent nights sleep. Personally I use a container lock on the back door, because if the theives dont take anything but the back door is not sealed and the temprature crept up then the load will cost a lot more than a container lock.

Has anyone ever though of driving off with said theifs in trailer??

Pad locks are no good, you need a staple container lock hasp thingy.

Did or used to hear of urban myths of drivers tied by rope to a tree,wearing only y fronts,by Italian truck thieves,and some guys saying that years later,they saw their old truck that got nicked,going up the motorway,painted in different colours.More nasty,was the tales of ground up glass,put in drivers eye balls,when robbing wagons.1980`s.

Silver_Surfer:
Pad locks are no good, you need a staple container lock hasp thingy.

or wire up a high voltage battery with some jump leads, attach leads to the container and hey presto, somebody touches it and ■■■■, gone in a ■■■■ of smoke, vaporized in an insant :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

zorg2006:
in total the bliters got 8 boxes of lamb joints… and plod could not help at all even had finger prints on the back doors and they still not bothered…

All part of Lie bours approach at “tough on crime”. I think the idea is, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
It’s certainly working, the reported crime figures are well down, allegedly. Assuming of course anything this government says can be believed.