The weekly award trophy

this week i would like to nomimnate the driver of the daf xf95 space cab pulling a tipper on the a49, north of whitchurch today. thank you for flying down the hill at a daft speed without bothering to take any notice of the two unbroken white lines that separate my side of the road from yours. thank you for not stopping after smashing my mirrors, i didnt need any help in clearing up the mess on the road caused by your incompetance. can only wish one day some inconsiderate pleb does the same to you! thats if you live long enough driving like you do!

Hi mate, it can get a bit tight on the A49 but some of these plonkers don’t seem to care. I travel down that when the mood takes me… its a lot more demanding than going down the m6 and keeps me on my toes with regards to my driving skills. Too much motorway driving can make you lazy in my opinion. Take care.

Nige

I’d like to nominate the Iceland driver pulling a very short trailer I overtook on the M4 Eastbound just east of Swindon at about 2pm last Saturday (15th).

I got a bit closer than I would normally would have done because I was waiting for a gap in the middle lane, and I didn’t really want to reduce power because we were on an incline, and if I let the turbo spin down, I would have lost all of the momentum.

As soon as I’d pulled out, he dropped his speed back to about 50, let me go straight past, and gave me a wave as I passed his cab, to which I responded with a thumbs-up.

I didn’t have time to get the reg number, and I don’t think he had a “Well Driven?” sticker on the back, but if he had, I would have rung the number.

Anyway, this site is so often full of people complaining about other drivers doing stupid and/or dangerous and/or inconsiderate things on the road, I thought I’d post a quick commendation just to redress the balance. :slight_smile: