The UK Haulage Industry in a Nutshell?

Kerragy:
Thank heavens for Ryan & Carryfast. Their posts make you consider a topic more deeply. My only criticism, which they both suffer from is their brevity. Please go into more detail guys. Some of your replies go over my head, mostly through lack of explanation.

:laughing:

Carryfast:

muckles:
I think we should have loads more trains and then we could all re-train as Train drivers and get the extra pay that goes with it, problems solved, maybe more subsidies for trains to make it easier, would help. :smiley:

Go for it that’ll work.Here’s a clue you’d run out of rail space before you got close to employing a fraction of the existing truck driver pool.To which the Guardian’s and the Government’s answer is to stop the use of LHV’s and tax more trucks off the road.Then moan because the industry isn’t hauling enough freight or paying its workers enough money and prospective new drivers know it so are joining waiting lists for non existent train driving jobs because they don’t want to drive a truck. :unamused:

FFS carryfast, can’t you tell that muckles was extracting the urine? :unamused:

Poor sod can’t even afford a new pair of socks. Sad times.

Laurie-Driver:
Excuse the pun but let’s get back on track…

The truest ‘untrue’ sentence in the article is:The best Employers told the committee how hard they try to attract drivers – but plainly not that hard.… They all want ready-made, fully trained drivers with several years’ experience. Many turn abroad, hiring 60,000 mainly eastern Europeans, yet still not plugging the gap. Few companies run their own training schemes, complaining that others just poach them.

We know that the industry has been turned into a race to the bottom joke.Not surprisingly when productivety is artificially limited by ridiculous unrealistic length and weight limits and extortionate fuel taxation.

The bs ‘experience’ card used against the indigenous workforce while rushing to employ the low wage expectation East Euro workforce being part of that.Which leaves the issue that even the east euros don’t want the type of zb work on offer and which forms much of the UK transport scene.As proven by Dolph’s recent comments.

Evil8Beezle:

Carryfast:

muckles:
I think we should have loads more trains and then we could all re-train as Train drivers and get the extra pay that goes with it, problems solved, maybe more subsidies for trains to make it easier, would help. :smiley:

Go for it that’ll work.Here’s a clue you’d run out of rail space before you got close to employing a fraction of the existing truck driver pool.To which the Guardian’s and the Government’s answer is to stop the use of LHV’s and tax more trucks off the road.Then moan because the industry isn’t hauling enough freight or paying its workers enough money and prospective new drivers know it so are joining waiting lists for non existent train driving jobs because they don’t want to drive a truck. :unamused:

I know he was hence my first sentence. :wink:

The rest was for the attention of the Guardian and the even bigger hypocrites in the government. :bulb:

Carryfast:

muckles:

Maybe the other drivers could do other rail jobs, created by the expansion in rail freight. :laughing:

Carryfast:

Evil8Beezle:

Carryfast:

muckles:

I know he was hence my first sentence. :wink:

The rest was for the attention of the Guardian and the even bigger hypocrites in the government. :bulb:

Oh right. Yeah I saw Teresa posting on here the other day actually. She was asking what the quickest way out of Asda Severnmouth was.

Evil8Beezle:

Carryfast:

muckles:

No I’m not I had a train set when I was a kid, loved it. Made all the trucks sit at level crossings for ages. :laughing:

muckles:
Maybe the other drivers could do other rail jobs, created by the expansion in rail freight. :laughing:

Absolutely.Work in warehouses stuffing containers on minimum wage or rail maintenance gangs doing even longer shifts during weekends and holiday periods outside in all weathers. :smiling_imp:

muckles:

Evil8Beezle:

Carryfast:

muckles:

No I’m not I had a train set when I was a kid, loved it. Made all the trucks sit at level crossings for ages. :laughing:

Pmsl :laughing: . You turn coat, He’ll love that. Did you have a hornby layby and model turds in tesco bags?

Carryfast:

muckles:

Absolutely.Work in warehouses stuffing containers on minimum wage or rail maintenance gangs doing even longer shifts during weekends and holiday periods outside in all weathers. :smiling_imp:

I like working outside, do I get a free Hard Hat, then I can rejoin the Village People tribute group, :smiley: was kick out when I sold my biker gear. :frowning:

James the cat:
Oh right. Yeah I saw Teresa posting on here the other day actually. She was asking what the quickest way out of Asda Severnmouth was.

I didn’t mean literally.IE indirectly through the grapevine you know like CM on here then to gradually filter upwards. :bulb: Bearing in mind the point is the hypocrisy of the Guardian and Government concerning the issues.

James the cat:

muckles:

Evil8Beezle:

Pmsl :laughing: . You turn coat, He’ll love that. Did you have a hornby layby and model turds in tesco bags?

:laughing: No I didn’t, I was a bit naive about truck driving at the time, thought it was all Convoy and Yorkie bars. Did have a model RDC, the trucks never moved off the loading bays, just like the real thing. :laughing:

Carryfast:

James the cat:

I didn’t mean literally.IE indirectly through the grapevine you know like CM on here then to gradually filter upwards. :bulb:

Of course, I’m sure Teresa’s mates at slimming world read Commerical motor :laughing:

“hey Teresea, have you seen this article in CM? They’ve got a piece on what that Carryfast said on trucknet. 1lb? Never mind love, better luck next week”

James the cat:

Carryfast:

James the cat:

I didn’t mean literally.IE indirectly through the grapevine you know like CM on here then to gradually filter upwards. :bulb:

Of course, I’m sure Teresa’s mates at slimming world read Commerical motor :laughing:

“hey Teresea, have you seen this article in CM? They’ve got a piece on what that Carryfast said on trucknet. 1lb? Never mind love, better luck next week”

They’d have to have an entire Department to read what Carryfast wrote on Trucknet, :laughing:

muckles:

James the cat:

Carryfast:

James the cat:

They’d have to have an entire Department to read what Carryfast wrote on Trucknet, :laughing:

Along with a direct line to the Samaritans…

muckles:
Did have a model RDC, the trucks never moved off the loading bays, just like the real thing. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Maybe someone needs to tell the Guardian that it’s cheaper to use trucks as mobile warehouse space than pay for the diesel for them to actually go anywhere. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Have you noticed that when others are responding to Carryfast, Ryan suddenly dissappears…

:grimacing:

Captain Caveman 76:

robroy:
Is it any wonder that not many young people, in comparison to other times, do not want to enter this crock of [zb] industry, but instead seek other careers where they are valued by employers in t.s and c.s, and paid relatively well for working reasonable hours compared to the overly long shifts that we are expected to work.

What are these fantastic careers? Shelf stacking? McDonald’s? There aren’t any careers where you’re valued, maybe the odd job here and there, but certainly no careers.

Can only speak from personal experience mate, did not feel the need to state that I was not referring to McDonalds as I thought it would be obvious, but hey ho…etc…

Both my lads wanted to be truck drivers after having spent numerous times away with me when they were younger.
I did manage to dissuade them and they got jobs in different aspects of the motor trade.
My eldest lad especially is well thought of by his firm and is on more money than me for a fraction of the hours that I work.
As an example of comparison, he damaged his thumb on diy yesterday at home, and is now on the sick on full pay, and told to take as much time off by his boss until it is better.
If I had done the same I would have either have had to turn in or be at home on ■■■■■■■■.
Our lot even begrudge paying you for working let alone paying you for sitting at home…no chance.
My other lad has just qualified but is in for a job in manufacturing on £11 per hour for 39 and then time and a half.

Two examples in 2 different industries for you…(not including McDonalds or shelf stacking) :smiley:

the nodding donkey:
Have you noticed that when others are responding to Carryfast, Ryan suddenly dissappears…

:grimacing:

Trust me it obviously takes him that long to dream up and write his replies. :smiling_imp: :laughing: