The trucks I've driven so far

Probably not of much interest to many folks, but here ya go

started off in this

then onto this (luxury!)

then onto this super machine (freightliner)

then onto this ■■■■■■■ (not a bad truck when its pulling an empty trailer though!)

and my current luxury cruiser now, a nice 430 horses behind it

theres a couple of dodgy mercs in between some of those, ill find the photos and chuck them up, i have a habit of taking a photo of everything ive driven for some reason

Can you refrain from putting pictures of Mercs on? :stuck_out_tongue: dodgy or not.

That FL10 and F7 just look so wrong with that peaked cap and bullbars. Wierd seeing them on Trilex too

Wheel Nut:
Can you refrain from putting pictures of Mercs on? :stuck_out_tongue: dodgy or not.

That FL10 and F7 just look so wrong with that peaked cap and bullbars. Wierd seeing them on Trilex too

haha yeah mercs wouldnt be my first choice of truck either
but i’m not the one supplying them so not much i can do about that

id say 99% of trucks over in oz are tri axle

Whats wrong with the old volvo hencrees having peaked caps Wheelnut ?Heres mine Witton Castle Truckshow 1990 I think.

I think i’ll ask for that 58" plasma screen monitor for Christmas after all!!! :smiley:

I think the Murphy sun visor is slightly more ott than the Wavin pipes truck :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably because they have more sun in Aus than they do in Chippenham.
But it ought to have corks on it to.

Took this in oz Brisbane services

Spotted quite a few T cabbed Ivecos but didnt manage to get a photo never knew Iveco did a T cab maybe you could shed some light beattun :bulb:

that one in your photo looks like a western star, but yeah theres the Iveco Powerstar model, see a fair few of them around

Yep thats them never seem them in this hemisphere.
Will do meself a search see what I can find out Thanks beattun

nice pics, the fl10 looks a bit beefy with that bullbar!

euromat:
nice pics, the fl10 looks a bit beefy with that bullbar!

have to admit i had a soft spot for that truck, but i dont miss the fact that it had no air con, still way more comfy seat in it than the merc im driving now, even though theres 9 years in the difference (and air suspension on the merc)

sorry about the big pics guys, really f-ked up the page here havent i

never thought to resize them, but i will!

The wendy house does look odd, from a UK drivers perspective. Yet I do really like the look of it. For some reason I really like them, having driven a few.

Thanks for the pictures.

Did you emigrate to Ireland and then go back to oz or something? I see the Scania is on Irish plates.

I love the F7 Beattun…

Question… the scania on the irish plates - was that a short stint in the emerald isle before heading back down under?

Chris

cheers for the comments guys, i emigrated to Australia from Ireland, but did a short stint back in Ireland this year during which I drove for TNT.

beattun:
cheers for the comments guys, i emigrated to Australia from Ireland, but did a short stint back in Ireland this year during which I drove for TNT.

Then realised getting rained on everyday is all its cracked upto be and returned to the sun :question:

Great pics, something quite tantalizing about those beefed up Euro trucks :sunglasses:

eddie snax:

beattun:

Then realised getting rained on everyday is all its cracked upto be and returned to the sun :question:

Great pics, something quite tantalizing about those beefed up Euro trucks :sunglasses:

you should see what theyve done to the new scanias, drool…

Come on then, wheres the picture? You can’t say that to us and suppy us with no pics.

ezydriver:

Come on then, wheres the picture? You can’t say that to us and suppy us with no pics.

fair point - cue frantic googling

ill try find some closer up ones