The torpedo attack of the Lusitania

The Titanic gets all the attention but her sister ship was doomed too.
If anyone likes Naval history,bbc 2 tonight at 21.00 is The history programme all about the Lusitania.
Does anyone think the Titanic was torpedoed.?

toby1234abc:
The Titanic gets all the attention but her sister ship was doomed too.
If anyone likes Naval history,bbc 2 tonight at 21.00 is The history programme all about the Lusitania.
Does anyone think the Titanic was torpedoed.?

dont think they were sister ships-titanic was white star line,lusitania was cunard.
i have a medal that the germans had cast to celebrate the sinking.on one side it shows a skeleton selling tickets :unamused:

As has been said the Lusitania wasn’t connected with the Titanic.There are a few conspiracy theories around such as the Titanic was actually her sister ship which was the Olympic etc etc.While,probably more factually,in the case of the Lusitania it was that Churchill caused it by using liners to carry munitions cargos in addition to getting us involved in such a stupid war in the first place when we should have told France and Russia to get stuffed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Ti … e_theories

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -ship.html

pics of the medal.not all of these were produced by the germans-some were made in this country to try and whip up more hatred towards germany.

LusitaniaMedal.jpg

If anyone is interested research the sinking of the German Naval fleet in the Scarpa Flow.
Now a diving site,but not for the faint hearted.
Deep and dark.Going inside the ships is dangerous, most are upside down.
And HMS Hood,and the fate of that ship.
The Thistlegorm in the Red Sea.A great dive site.

My father had one of those medals, could have been a fake though as there were plenty around. His came from a German soldier in WW2 so MAY be genuine? I see you medal is copper Andrew, pretty sure that dad’s was silver coloured, I think that it was in a case as well. Mum probably still has it somewhere.

Pete.

windrush:
My father had one of those medals, could have been a fake though as there were plenty around. His came from a German soldier in WW2 so MAY be genuine? I see you medal is copper Andrew, pretty sure that dad’s was silver coloured, I think that it was in a case as well. Mum probably still has it somewhere.

Pete.

pete its a pic i got from google as i couldnt be bothered to dig mine out and take a pic,but it is the same bronze/copper colour as my one.
my grandfather “liberated” my one from somewhere in ww2 also lol.