The TomTom GO700

is this a good sat nav or which one is best for trucks :smiley:

There is a tom tom out now for trucks, I think it is the 7000 model. Cant beat a good map and common sense though.

buy a tt%20 upwards and install the truck software yourself it’ll save you around £200

I have found the Snooper Truckmate to be the best Sat nav I have had, In the last 12 months I have had no problems at all, as the name suggests its geared up for trucks.
Easy to find on the net.

Right let’s get somethings straight if a satnav is sold as truck specific it will do height weight width axle weight etc no matter who produces it.

The mapping is from ethier teleatlas or navteq mapping from both companies has errors in the data the only real difference is the routing engine in the device both will take in to account the truck peraminters that you set on it and route you accordingly if a weight limit is not in the mapdata then the satnav won’t avoid it.

The tomtom 7000 is most likely the easiest to use and putting points of interest on it is easier too

handtec.co.uk/product.php?xProd=2639 even got a digi tv on

it is good. it will steer you clear of low bridges and weight limits etc. occasionally it gets it wrong but there is a function to report map errors and have the maps changed. but if you go off course accidently the recalculated route may not be suitable for an artic. you still have to use a bit of savvy but 99% of the time i can’t fault it. it also bluetoothes up to the phone which is handy :smiley:

Mr B:
buy a tt%20 upwards and install the truck software yourself it’ll save you around £200

agree 100 %

ADR MAN:
I have found the Snooper Truckmate to be the best Sat nav I have had, In the last 12 months I have had no problems at all, as the name suggests its geared up for trucks.
Easy to find on the net.

but very expensive

alix776:
Right let’s get somethings straight if a satnav is sold as truck specific it will do height weight width axle weight etc no matter who produces it.

The mapping is from ethier teleatlas or navteq mapping from both companies has errors in the data the only real difference is the routing engine in the device both will take in to account the truck peraminters that you set on it and route you accordingly if a weight limit is not in the mapdata then the satnav won’t avoid it.

The tomtom 7000 is most likely the easiest to use and putting points of interest on it is easier too

but again very expensive
best option is that if you have a go tomtom then its free to get truck on it, if not weigh up the total cost/easy of upgrading/cost of upgrading/ability to hack when needed.
also the available poi’s etc that are there(conversion is simple tho)
also the back up support,
end of
in my view for what it’s worth is a tomtom go 520/530 730 etc cos the go seris is up for putting truck onto it
what if any sat nav do you have
ohhhhhhhhh and yes the other “clever” answers if you can’t read a map/in my day/no brains/use eyes brain etc/loads of old crap stuff about paper atlas/maps/ask someone/etc etc (rather boring stick in the mud) forget em

gezt:

Mr B:

agree 100 %

ADR MAN:
Easy to find on the net.

but very expensive

alix776:

but again very expensive
best option is that if you have a go tomtom then its free to get truck on it, if not weigh up the total cost/easy of upgrading/cost of upgrading/ability to hack when needed.
also the available poi’s etc that are there(conversion is simple tho)
also the back up support,
end of
in my view for what it’s worth is a tomtom go 520/530 730 etc cos the go seris is up for putting truck onto it
ohhhhhhhhh and yes the other “clever” answers if you can’t read a map/in my day/no brains/use eyes brain etc/loads of old crap stuff about paper atlas/maps/ask someone/etc etc (rather boring stick in the mud) forget em

I think you will find he does have very good credentials when it comes to Sat nav

gezt:

that is definatley aimmed at the wrong person :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i dont have a sat nav yet but why carry a big map when you can have a portable 1 that does it for you bet they said the same about garlic bread its the future lol :laughing:

Actually Getz hit on something I didn’t have tome to post getting somthung like a 520 or 530 updating the map and then downloading the fiat commercial applicatin from tomtom
or going to one of the hacking sites will give you the truck routing mapping for free.
Whle it us fairly easy to get the hacked app and map on to a ttgo it depends on your compitence in a pc and how comfortable you are doing this as I have known people end up with 200 quid paperweights but it rare thus happens make sure you read the instructions a couple of tines before trying to install as said one way that will save a couple hundred quid is to get a go x20 or x30 and then get the sd card

jessicas dad:

gezt:

that is definatley aimmed at the wrong person :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not aiming it at anyone really :smiley: just trying to make a point as regards price etc, truck on sd card in a go deris is in my opinion as good as a 700 but a damm sight cheaper and not that difficult to do :wink:
also if you go the route via an sd card please please make a backup of your sat nav before you start.USE WINDOWS FOR THE BACKUP NOT TOMTOM HOME. :wink:

gezt:

jessicas dad:

gezt:

not aiming it at anyone really :smiley: just trying to make a point as regards price etc, truck on sd card in a go deris is in my opinion as good as a 700 but a damm sight cheaper and not that difficult to do :wink:
also if you go the route via an sd card please please make a backup of your sat nav before you start.USE WINDOWS FOR THE BACKUP NOT TOMTOM HOME. :wink:

and ALIX its GEZT G E Z T NO T G E T Z :laughing: :laughing:

I blame the iPhone keyboard and autocorrect lol

You can put tomtom truck on most tomtoms i got a price from a phone shop who repair sat navs and ÂŁ35 gets up to date maps and software for trucks i use a 530. the maps may be a little bit warm but work and are up to date

danj:
i dont have a sat nav yet but why carry a big map when you can have a portable 1 that does it for you bet they said the same about garlic bread its the future lol :laughing:

CHEESE CAKE■■? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

danj:
is this a good sat nav or which one is best for trucks :smiley:[/quote

this model was released in 2005
you be better getting a 720 or 730 with truck maps on it

The 7000 is a new device I think your concfudsing it with a 700

garnerlives:

danj:

CHEESE CAKE■■? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

il see you cheesecake with chocolate orange. :grimacing: