The T word

i know tramping as away sun or mon and not seeing home til fri or sat. I tramp and thebest thing about it is not knowin where im going next, mainly as grain loads change constant :confused: . The ones that call themselves trampers and park in service areas every night for a hot meal and showers wouldnt like a cab stuck in a farm stinking off cow s##t and only a tin off soup to last the nite.

Muckaway:
I know of a driver who crapped in the tipper body on a load of shingle…and forgot that the load was for a driveway; As he helpfully spread the shingle down the drive, the lorry developed incontinence (in front of the customer!) :laughing:

someone wasn’t smelling of roses then muckaway :laughing: , a bloke at hargreaves i worked with had to go in the back off the tipper his indian from the nite before was causing problems, but the splash when it hit the floor of the body covered his trousers all up the back he then had to ring the manager so he could go home and change, he never lived it down. :laughing:

steve07:
i know tramping as away sun or mon and not seeing home til fri or sat. I tramp and thebest thing about it is not knowin where im going next, mainly as grain loads change constant :confused: . The ones that call themselves trampers and park in service areas every night for a hot meal and showers wouldnt like a cab stuck in a farm stinking off cow s##t and only a tin off soup to last the nite.

Hiya…i done the farm thing infact loved it.Brewers grains/ shredded beet pulp/straw (small bailes).and cow sh.t from farm to farm.
i don,t think its out of order to keep clean as well as keeping running.I have stopped for a break had a shower then run to a parking
spot so to be first the next day.I worked from 86 untill 2003 for a company in chester but i lived in holmes chapel(32 miles)so i would run all week.I usually did a Dover on mondays and get back to chester tuesday at 7 ish change trailer and i could go as far as inverness or exeter. i would always workout where i could have a 45 min and get a shower.we had showers at our depot so that helped.we carried our own goods and run back empty most times. one time i tipped Aylsham(Dover)and loaded from Beverley for Chester it was a days
driving to get the back load.That was a shell outfit so the money was top notch.you mention the can of soup i would put a can of beans
or soup by the turbo run two hours to my ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and hey presto hot can.I pulled out of Dorchester one night and was going to
park up nr bridgewater(layby) i parked and went for my tin sod!!! it had fallen off and my mouth was watering, i had a dry bread sarnie.
I,ve finished the driving now but still the old days
John