The sweet smell of urine

Pulling up in a few motorway services stations on the M1 hasn’t been the most pleasant of experiences during the hot spell. Has it always been this bad regarding urine? 7 or 8 years ago when I started driving I can’t say I remember noticing such a tremendous stench. I’ve observed at least 5 east european gentlemen over the last few months simply step out of the cab and urinate at the side of the truck in broad daylight. It wouldn’t be as bad if they could even be bothered to walk across to the grass.

God knows what you’ll catch if you accidentally fall over and hit the floor at these places.

For every East European you see doing this I’d wager that there’ll be five home grown drivers doing it. Tbh I don’t actually take a lot of notice of other drivers urinary habits unless it’s MY wheel they’re ■■■■■■■ on.

Saw a driver sitting on the ground, sunbathing, leaning against his front wheel the other day in Donnington Sevices !
I wouldn’t fancy sitting in all that dried up ■■■■ !

JeffA:
God knows what you’ll catch if you accidentally fall over and hit the floor at these places.

I’ve always wondered how fitters feel if you break down in one of these places.
The thought of crawling round under a truck makes me feel ill.

Does the 3 second rule still count if you were to drop your sausage roll whilst walking back to your truck?

chester:
Does the 3 second rule still count if you were to drop your sausage roll whilst walking back to your truck?

Hahahaha…GROSS.

But it made me laugh with a mouthful of cornflakes.

the maoster:
For every East European you see doing this I’d wager that there’ll be five home grown drivers doing it.

It always amuses me the hostility on here towards foreign drivers, to me a driver is a driver, if in doubt blame the foreigners, I mean you never see a Brit ■■■■■■■ on his wheel, or ■■■■ ing under his trailer, or chucking rubbish out of his window which goes on to get us banned from parking, or jumping queues or whatever else only foreigners do… :unamused: Yeh right!
As for the thread, one of the reasons may be down to where they situate the truck park, normally right out of the way and out of sight, and a 5 minute walk there and back to the bog, and only there anyway because of a legal requirement to provide truck parking areas. Not justifying it, just pointing out maybe why it happens.

robroy:

the maoster:
For every East European you see doing this I’d wager that there’ll be five home grown drivers doing it.

It always amuses me the hostility on here towards foreign drivers, to me a driver is a driver, if in doubt blame the foreigners, I mean you never see a Brit ■■■■■■■ on his wheel, or [zb] ing under his trailer, or chucking rubbish out of his window which goes on to get us banned from parking, or jumping queues or whatever else only foreigners do… :unamused: Yeh right!
As for the thread, one of the reasons may be down to where they situate the truck park, normally right out of the way and out of sight, and a 5 minute walk there and back to the bog, and only there anyway because of a legal requirement to provide truck parking areas. Not justifying it, just pointing out maybe why it happens.

Same as that.

Best I saw was a driver get out of his truck, walk to his trailer, ■■■■ up the wheel, back to his cab, took his keys out, locked the door and headed for the services building :open_mouth:

chester:

iv been using the 5 second rule may have to cut it down then lol

waynedl:
Best I saw was a driver get out of his truck, walk to his trailer, ■■■■ up the wheel, back to his cab, took his keys out, locked the door and headed for the services building :open_mouth:

If you got a prostate like mine,you won’t make it to the services!!!

We all get cut short sometimes, I try and hold on until I can get to a petrol station to relieve my pain. Sometimes though the pain is too much

Biggest offenders are prob UK drivers its very common in Europe to see drivers and Joe public men and sometimes women ■■■■■■■ in the open but they always go onto the grass by trees prob down to having to pay for toilets .very rarly see em ■■■■ on wheel so doubt they’d do it just cos there in UK

I see more “homegrown” drivers doing it these days than forgien drivers. When im on a night out and nowhere near a toilet I use an empty water bottle to have a ■■■■■ in then chuck it in a bin when I get to my drop or at a services.

chester:

That made me chuckle lol :slight_smile:

Aye gone are the days when you could lift up the flap on a TK cab and have a quick ■■■■■ in private :smiling_imp:

waynedl:

Some kind of territorial marking ritual I will wager to stop rival lorry drivers marking his truck :open_mouth:

keebs26uk:
We all get cut short sometimes, I try and hold on until I can get to a petrol station to relieve my pain. Sometimes though the pain is too much

I was in mid Wales last weekend and needed some ■■■■. I stopped at a little garage and asked if I could use the toilet, he said we haven’t got one. So where do you go then? Cheeky sod then charged me 60 pence for using a debit card.

He was clingfilming sandwiches at the time which I declined after learning of the lack of facilities.

the maoster:
Tbh I don’t actually take a lot of notice of other drivers urinary habits unless it’s MY wheel they’re ■■■■■■■ on.

Hows about mentioning to them “You give an already industry with a fairly bad name just another stick to be beaten with” :open_mouth:

Waco:
Aye gone are the days when you could lift up the flap on a TK cab and have a quick ■■■■■ in private :smiling_imp:

Can’t you jus p*ss in the add blue, make it a bit of add blue and orange :open_mouth:

I had a row on here a few weeks back with several members of the “I’ll pull over and whizz where I want” brigade.