The step up to Class 1,

Is it worth it from class 2 WITHOUT 2 years experience ?

Whenever you do it the 2 years thing is likely to kick in from then so you might as well get it now and start the clock

Unless your a lazy swine on the Class 2 then I would stay doing it! Near enough the same money now! Or do it and hope you get a start with agency. Remember there was supposed to be a driver shortage!!! :unamused:

It’s not a step up merely sideways :unamused:

Ive just done mine and forked the cash out of my own pocket but am quite happy where I am on class 2. Depends if your happy where you are and the wage your on I guess!

dessy:
Unless your a lazy swine on the Class 2 then I would stay doing it! Near enough the same money now! Or do it and hope you get a start with agency. Remember there was supposed to be a driver shortage!!! :unamused:

Think there is more a job shortage then driver shortage yep there are some jobs about but not that many

hgvhgv:
Ive just done mine and forked the cash out of my own pocket but am quite happy where I am on class 2. Depends if your happy where you are and the wage your on I guess!

Yea happy with where i am and money, but i wana re-invest some money back into myself lol

More strings to the bow right ?

voodoo1:

hgvhgv:

Yea happy with where i am and money, but i wana re-invest some money back into myself lol

More strings to the bow right ?

Yep no harm in doing Cat CE may open more doors in the future as never know what is going to happen

I am fortunate to work for a firm that runs class 1 and 2 , as agreed not much diff in salary these days more so if ya a newbie too. But there seems to be more handball/graft/multidrop ect… on class 2 jobs than on class 1. I went over to class 1 for this reason at my firm less graft for more money without needing experience, not always the case obviously but something else to think of! Just remember the back to square 1 getting a few years experience once class 1 hence why lots stay class 2 once found work.

Definitely do it. It looks cooler with all the pictures on the back of your license anyway :slight_smile:

Going to take mine after Xmas after doing tippers for 3 years getting pretty boring also want to see a bit more of the world than London everyday reckon its better doing distance work than lots of short distance runs in London traffic day in day out :smiley:

Chewyboy:
Going to take mine after Xmas after doing tippers for 3 years getting pretty boring also want to see a bit more of the world than London everyday reckon its better doing distance work than lots of short distance runs in London traffic day in day out :smiley:

Have done distant work on Cat C work

animal:

Chewyboy:

Have done distant work on Cat C work

So have I and been abroad but am bored of rigids and fancy a change so this seems the next step I guess :smiley:

hgvhgv:

Some class 2 drivers earn more/are on a better rate per hr than class 1, depends how lucky you are on the job gamble…

voodoo1:
Is it worth it from class 2 WITHOUT 2 years experience ?

*NO*[/b][/u]

If you have the money lying around - do it. Its another string to your bow and only makes you more employable. Don’t get yourself into debt/bankrupt yourself over it though, it probably won’t be worth it.

As other posters have mentioned, not all class 2 work is local stuff. I have a class 2 job at the moment and i go all over the place with occasional nights out, really enjoy it… granted such jobs are quite rare. Better money than quite a lot of class 1 jobs I see advertised as well. Couldn’t be less interested in jumping back in an artic at the moment.