The size of lorry cabs

This is what I mean to brand new lorries volvo and Renault that will be around for the next 10/15 years and not got the best beds in them or are disappointing in the use of space
[/quote]

Your right I have Seen the inside of a new renault and it is not good and I have seen the inside of a new Volvo in a picture and it don’t look good as well and the rest of the new lorries have the same cab as the old ones.

I don’t understand why most trucks need two beds my upper bunk is wasted space, just a handy place to store 2 litre water bottles and the massive high vis coat i never wear. Two beds should be a extra cost option, i don’t know anyone who needs two bunks! I’d rather have a drop down bed up high and a bit of a desk/workstation in place of the lower bunk. Maybe Bin off the passengers seat too.

I’m 6 foot 3 and 19 stone and I dont think cabs need to be much bigger (that said, i’ve been spoilt, only ever driving Fh’s and Scania R cabs.) but a rethink of how it all fits would help.

I drive a r-highline and the top bunk is were I store all my bags would be terrible without it. I’ve driven a daf 105 space cab with no bunk and all though the top lockers are bigger than the scania there is even less room IMO , every night I was moving my bags off the bunk onto the passenger seat and floor

I drive a car transporter so creature comforts are at a minimum. Drive a renault premium at the moment[5 years] and she’s due to go very soon and i love the bed. When i take the mattress cover off for a wash its got Volvo printed on it. Just found out i’m about to get a new scania and i’m not ■■■■■■ happy about it, seen wider book shelves then the beds they come with. Take note Scania, you ain’t king of the road in my eyes. When you’d rather have a Renault over a Scania thats saying something, get a grip!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :cry:

When I was younger I use to go on runs with my da in a scania 113 cartransporter or a Leyland daf cf cartransporter I thought they were big enough cabs

alix776:
Loved my 4 series but it did have the locker pod etc fitted havent found a bed as comfy im a truck yet

the best bed every made for a truck its like a 3/4 bed :smiley: and its where a bed should be above your head and lifted up out of the way

happysack:
I liked the bed in the 4 series toplines. Although the ladder was cold on the feet in winter.

wrap the steps in the toweling stuff they put on tennis rackets (lovely) :wink: :grimacing:

Never had a problem with cold steps