The Severn Bridge Game

Does any one else play ?

Big queue of cars & lorries in lane 3 ! So a Downtons & Me take the empty lane’s 1 & 2. (It would be rude not to)

Result.

Viking & Downtons 1
Big Queue 0

Saved about 10 minutes.

Yep, every time. Lane 1, wide loads and TAG, wave the grey box and away…
The old crossing is better, even less traffic and no 50mph limit.
Paul

I’m presuming you had tags & weren’t just blagging it?

I’ve been one of he minges in lane 3 que but I’ve just spunked for a Severn tag so I too will be wafting past in the VIP from next week! :slight_smile:

sonflowerinwales:
The old crossing is better, even less traffic and no 50mph limit.
Paul

yeah but you only get to use 1 lane and you can be sure I’d get Dirty Girty who’s 106 drives a Ferrari and reaches the dizzy heights of 35mph :grimacing:

Silver_Surfer:

I’ve been one of he minges in lane 3 que but I’ve just spunked for a Severn tag so I too will be wafting past in the VIP from next week! :slight_smile:

Yep, Tags are the Get out of Jail Free Card, saves waiting behind a Flip Flop, while he clambers over his engine bump & pays with Euros, Pounds & Zlotys !

Don’t forget, it isn’t undertaking if traffic in other lanes to your right are travelling slower than you, just be aware of cars having issues queuing and then limping across to the HS that you may clout, happens all the time in congestion.

Silver_Surfer:

Mind me asking what the damage was? Often thought I need to sort myself a tag out but by the time I get home I’ve forgotten.

I’m usually there on a Friday afternoon, more often than not you’ll find me in the slowest moving queue.

£30 deposit for the TAG and the normal rate per crossing, estimated monthly by direct debit. For example, 5 x car crossings at £6.40 per month = £32 direct debit payment. I went for a slightly higher amount so end up with a bit of credit very year and they will refund you if you ask. If you use it more than 6 times a week the monthly ticket is cheaper. The people who provide the TAG are quick an efficient, I had a replacement inside 3 days.
Hope this helps.
Paul

sonflowerinwales:
£30 deposit for the TAG and the normal rate per crossing, estimated monthly by direct debit. For example, 5 x car crossings at £6.40 per month = £32 direct debit payment. I went for a slightly higher amount so end up with a bit of credit very year and they will refund you if you ask. If you use it more than 6 times a week the monthly ticket is cheaper. The people who provide the TAG are quick an efficient, I had a replacement inside 3 days.
Hope this helps.
Paul

Yep, that’s helped, many thanks.

Just need to apply for 1 now.

Betty Swallox:

Silver_Surfer:

Mind me asking what the damage was? Often thought I need to sort myself a tag out but by the time I get home I’ve forgotten.

I’m usually there on a Friday afternoon, more often than not you’ll find me in the slowest moving queue.

I make notes in my phone about things I want to remember, my memory is like Swiss cheese from my mis spent & continuing youth.

It’s the only way :grimacing:

I wouldn’t follow a European wagon though, when they go through the tag only lanes without a tag it takes them a while to back out and get in the right lane :wink:

I stop so I can change lanes without reversing in case the muppetry in front ain’t got no money.

We have to pay tolls here as well, but at least we don’t have to leave a deposit on the ripoff tag !