The Scania 142

my dad drove this, ex Russell Davies,

then it got a lick of paint :sunglasses:

scan0144.jpg

Did a few trips in each of these, old dogs the pair of em. The V8 pulled like a train though…

fly sheet:
I drove a 142 on an ‘A’ plate, it had been Danish origionally, some numpty had fitted a mid lift axle (probably Jimmy Connall who owned it) I have to say it was a back breaker I’d be in tears after transiting Yugo in it, it was so bad a ride the tank baffles eventually broke away creating filings which caused horrendous filter problems. This did however help me forget the back pains as my fingers where raw with blisters :open_mouth:

In fact not wanting to get flayed publicly by the Scania fans out there but they where a [zb] ride once you left The EU, I recall Sir Ralph Davis the pioneer of going far away by road :grimacing: not sending them to The CIS because they fell apart & Russanglia in the end seemed to be all Volvo too as I recall. Dunno wether Mr Garrard had them falling apart down there though…

The V8’s do sound well but that does’nt help a fella in the chiropractors clinch. They did look good too but I prefer a Volvo TBHWY…

I nearly got lynched on the 143 forum for daring to mention Scania Back :laughing: :laughing:

greek:
The V8’s do sound well but that does’nt help a fella in the chiropractors clinch. They did look good too but I prefer a Volvo TBHWY…

I nearly got lynched on the 143 forum for daring to mention Scania Back :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
Truth will out!
Sounds good and goes well,but on a m/e trip,the quality of the ride is the most important thing.
I was happier when I parked her up and changed my ride for an older F12!No contest!

It was so bad a ride to break the tank baffle to create the final application, resulting in terrible filtering problem. However, this also helped me forget my fingers, with blisters, back pain.

A100twc

Scania141georgeyboy:
A100twc

i had A101 TWC. They both started life at McKellars before A101 went to M & A Roadways but they were then brought out by McKellar so she ended up back there

ol boys 009.png
She was then sold onto an owner driver.
A100 was brought by Fieldings after McKellars & ran for a few years before being sold on

ol boys 010.png
D986 YBJ ex Peterlee Trucking another M & A unit. After McKellars brought them i ended up with her for 2 years

jacko22:

Scania141georgeyboy:
A100twc

i had A101 TWC. They both started life at McKellars before A101 went to M & A Roadways but they were then brought out by McKellar so she ended up back there
She was then sold onto an owner driver.
A100 was brought by Fieldings after McKellars & ran for a few years before being sold on
D986 YBJ ex Peterlee Trucking another M & A unit. After McKellars brought them i ended up with her for 2 years

Ill speak to my dad later an find out in info on where he got it from, I know he gave it to his dad who was using it on TNT for a few years

mechanic77:

am i right in saying this is an ex chistopher minners motor ■■

Yes, they had it first, 1986-1994, then us.
Neil.

bma.finland:

Wow, thats brilliant. Thankyou very much BMA.
Neil.

bma once again fab job of my good mate niels 77 142 how the hell do you make them so life like i bet your very pleased with that mr johnstone regards rowly