The Road to Bude

Off there over the W/E with a load, any tips on the best/quickest route from the A30 :question: :slight_smile:

Big Joe:
Off there over the W/E with a load, any tips on the best/quickest route from the A30 :question: :slight_smile:

which part of the A30 - the Honiton end or the Cornish end

Hey Dennis :slight_smile: , just the man, from the Honiton end, coming down the M5 to Bude then onto Truro.

M5 to J27 - A361 to Barnstaple, A39 to Bideford & straight on to Bude

Ok it’s boring, but that’s the way I’d go :wink:

Cheers Dennis, way to go :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Watch the roadworks on the A39, they’re a bit tight. There are a couple of truckstops on the A39 near Barnstaple/Bideford. They’re signed,. and usually open around 7.30am. Limited parking in the area.

I have heard that the cafe at Oakhampton has closed recently. Is this the case? I’ve been running round Exeter/Yeovil and Salisbury recently so haven’t been able to check. Would be a pity if it had, that one had lots of parking, and 24h loos…

allikat:
Watch the roadworks on the A39, they’re a bit tight. There are a couple of truckstops on the A39 near Barnstaple/Bideford. They’re signed,. and usually open around 7.30am. Limited parking in the area.

theres a couple between Tiverton and South Molton as well

I have heard that the cafe at Oakhampton has closed recently. Is this the case? I’ve been running round Exeter/Yeovil and Salisbury recently so haven’t been able to check. Would be a pity if it had, that one had lots of parking, and 24h loos…

Sourton ■■ haven’t heard anything but not been down there for a month or so :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

allikat:
Watch the roadworks on the A39, they’re a bit tight.

Ahh, I’ll be running at 9’ wide, will that be too tight Alli :question:

I ran from Barnstaple to Camelford ( past Bude) on the A39 at 10’1" wide on Wednesday, no problem through roadworks at all.

A361 watch out for speed cameras, S.Molton and 1/2 mile from Barnstaple, both weight sensitive (40mph).

Allikat - Hi, heard you one or two times on Alex Lester :smiley: Sourton Cross Cafe (A30) Okehampton, open this morning. Still owe you a coffee :blush:

Back to A361/A39 - parking, several big off road lay-bys just before S.Molton and one just as you leave Barnstaple on the A39, all with toilets in.

Hope this helps?

John

cornish trucker:
Allikat - Hi, heard you one or two times on Alex Lester :smiley: Sourton Cross Cafe (A30) Okehampton, open this morning. Still owe you a coffee :blush:
John

Hey Cornish
Duno if I’ll be making it quite that far west for a while… depends on the numpties at the office who are under strict orders to get me a regular run.(which may only make it as far was as Paignton or Exeter… :unamused: )

Yes, you do hear me regularly on the Best Time of the Day show. I have the Socks by my side right now :smiley:
Will let you have my mobile number, maybe we can meet up for coffee sometime… if in doubt, the 24 hour place off j25 is easy to get to from most of the runs I get.