The River Tyne

Oops! I forgot the pics :confused: Sorry.

Hi Kev Great shots of these structures, When you said you forgot them had you had a nip or two :question: :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Keep them rolling, I just love anything about the River Tyne, Take care & stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

A P Tyne Ltd Hebburn.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Kev Great shots of these structures, When you said you forgot them had you had a nip or two :question: :question: :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Keep them rolling, I just love anything about the River Tyne, Take care & stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

Nahh Larry, just pressed the wrong button, :blush: :blush: :blush: I hope you and your good lady are still ok? We’re still plodding on here. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .Regards Kev.

O K Kev I dont doubt your good word, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

These “wacky motors” belong to a local garage in South Shields, they are on River Drive just past the Trimmers pub on the way into the town. I don’t know anything else about them.
Regards Kev.
IMG_20200911_173523.jpg
IMG_20200911_173323.jpg

HMS Echo, a multi role hydrographic survey ship. We don’t often see naval vessels in the Tyne these days. Regards Kev.

oiltreader:
First pic 1928, second one someone will perhaps recognise the location.
Oily

looks like(Similar) to where I used to deliver linoleum into Alfred Bells place down near the quay ■■?

Docks 1.jpg

This motor is a semi permanent fixture in the car park that looks out over “The Black Middens” at North Shields . Regards Kev.
IMG_20201214_132245.jpg

Some old photos of the river and surrounds Tyneside

dunston old flour mill.jpg

Hi Tyneside,

Volvo car bodies for the P1800 were produced by the Pressed Steel Company Scotland until 1969.

dave docwra:
Hi Tyneside,

Volvo car bodies for the P1800 were produced by the Pressed Steel Company Scotland until 1969.

Thanks for the info, learn something everyday!! The P1800 was one of my favourite cars when I was still at school. Tyneside

tyneside:

dave docwra:
Thanks for the info, learn something everyday!! The P1800 was one of my favourite cars when I was still at school. Tyneside

The early P1800’s were assembled in Birmingham by Jensen, the later P1800S were assembled in Sweden, I think The Saints car was a British assembled version.

dave docwra:

tyneside:

dave docwra:

The early P1800’s were assembled in Birmingham by Jensen, the later P1800S were assembled in Sweden, I think The Saints car was a British assembled version.

Joe Lee who part owned Springwell Quarry and other things had one, which I think was a C or D reg so probably about 1965/66

Tyneside

These boats were “displaying” coming through the piers on Sunday, it was quite a sight to see!
Unfortunately I only had my phone camera so the pics are a bit basic. They ■■■■■■■ at the DFDS berth at North Shields, they are still there today. The display was moving up and down as if they had wings and they were flying over the water. Regards Kev

Impressive looking 8wheeler, V8, 560. It must be close to 30t with all that pump equipment,
It sounded fit when running the jetting equipment. This spot is the car park beside the Tyne Pedestrian Tunnel. It’s actually right on top of the North bound road tunnel.

IMG_20210413_090809.jpg